Author Topic: Insurance again !  (Read 1086 times)

Insurance again !
« on: 30 July, 2021, 11:01:57 am »
It's that time of year & Pedalcover are chasing me to renew my policy.   Has anyone found a better / cheaper insurer to cover bikes at home & away from home ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Re: Insurance again !
« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2021, 11:32:17 am »
It's that time of year & Pedalcover are chasing me to renew my policy.   Has anyone found a better / cheaper insurer to cover bikes at home & away from home ?
I've gone with M&S after Pedalcover decided they no longer wanted to insure my bikes.
My M&S premium is roughly a quarter of that of Pedalcover.

« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2021, 12:15:01 pm »
My bikes are on a TSB Pick and Protect policy, I'm satisfied with the price and the way a claim was handled.
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=118611.msg2600405#msg2600405

Recently read elsewhere that Barclays are offering something similar and that it's even cheaper than the TSB.  They may be the same policy relabelled, they're similar in that the premium is based on the most expensive bike and all others in the household are included.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 30 July, 2021, 02:54:15 pm »
House & contents policy* with small additonal premium for 2 specified value bikes and a blanket cover for bikes <£500.   AND no ridiculous "10kg weight locks" required.

*Lloyds Bank this year, John Lewis last year - all the same underlying insurer, just shopping around to lower premium for same cover.

« Reply #4 on: 30 July, 2021, 04:04:45 pm »
Another who has switched from Pedalcover to M&S at a fraction of the price.