Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 868013 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #750 on: 06 February, 2011, 03:26:26 pm »
Pompetamine forks, an Avid BB5 brake set & a Shimano dynohub to convert my Orbit to a front disc brake.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #751 on: 06 February, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »
M+ for the Bianchi.

The existing pair are worn through.

I think I'm veering towards gears for next weekend.

« Reply #752 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:28:38 am »
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
A Sabbath September frame  ;D

It's finally here and oh soooooooo lovely! The laser etched graphics are IMO gorgeous. When it arrived just now I was surprised it was actually in the box, it is so light it felt empty! I am trying not to get finger prints and drool all over it  ;D

« Reply #753 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:33:28 am »
mmmMMMMmmmm!  :thumbsup:

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #754 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:38:23 am »
Looks good.
Lets see the finished view soonish - and then  being used in anger - and then fingers crossed for a PBP place
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #755 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:45:23 am »
Phwooaarrrgghhh!
Getting there...

« Reply #756 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:47:41 am »
That looks excellent!

« Reply #757 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:51:07 am »
I am in love  :smug:

« Reply #758 on: 07 February, 2011, 12:07:02 pm »
Lust methinks   ;D

I am in love  :smug:
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #759 on: 07 February, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »
Thats lovely, cant wait to see it built up with all that SRAM goodness :thumbsup:

Makes the mudguards and lamp i bought today look a tad dour ;D

« Reply #760 on: 07 February, 2011, 12:31:13 pm »
I feel like a kid at Christmas still :D

AndyH

« Reply #761 on: 07 February, 2011, 01:46:31 pm »
Nice one Feline, are you riding the Mad March 200 by any chance ? If not when will I get the chance to see it ?

I bought some Bib Tights this morning. Old ones came to grief yesterday.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #762 on: 07 February, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »
I bought a hope trials hub with QR axle. (Single speed or if you are being silly upto 5 speed apparently).

Mis-measured it banged the numbers into DT Swiss spoke calculator. Result need 290mm spokes. Paranoid I google for the hub and got quite different numbers banged them into spoke calculatior and got 290mm again.  So I ordered a box of them.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #763 on: 07 February, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »
I might have had a very minor Minx-girl moment.

« Reply #764 on: 07 February, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »
Nice one Feline, are you riding the Mad March 200 by any chance ? If not when will I get the chance to see it ?

Sadly I cannot do the Mad March because I am working then, but I will be at Barry's Bristol Ball Buster and the Nutty Nun 200kms :)

« Reply #765 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:44:27 pm »

Sadly I cannot do the Mad March because I am working then, but I will be at Barry's Bristol Ball Buster and the Nutty Nun 200kms :)

....will it venture out on one of the Bristol Thursday rides ?
( bearing in mind the quality of the lanes the ride leaders are prone to finding !!!! )

« Reply #766 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:50:41 pm »

....will it venture out on one of the Bristol Thursday rides ?
( bearing in mind the quality of the lanes the ride leaders are prone to finding !!!! )

Well, so long as it isn't icy definitely yes. I am not totally anti-cow shit, if I was I would be pretty much confined to a 1 mile radius around my home in this area :D

mr_brooks

« Reply #767 on: 09 February, 2011, 07:55:17 pm »
Set of new Specialites TA chainrings from SJS. Intending to do more cycle commuting come the spring.

« Reply #768 on: 09 February, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »
A BB cable guide and some gear cable adjusters, the last parts on my N+1 shopping list  ;D

I also got 20x 4.8mm piggy back spade connectors to fit my Schmidt dyno hub. I needed 4 really not 20 but SJS was the only place I could find selling them. I should now be able to sort out the wiring for both IQ Cyo and Dahon Reecharge for N+1 when it's built :)

corshamjim

« Reply #769 on: 16 February, 2011, 01:17:46 pm »
My latest purchase arrived extra quickly today - the postroom person wanted to get rid of it quickly as the envelope was flashing!  :o

It contained a pair of cone spanners and another Blackburn front light.  :)

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #770 on: 16 February, 2011, 01:45:11 pm »
New front light = Lazer beam of DETH

How things move on.  My first non-wired-in (i.e. not connected to the bike's wiring loom) front light was a Cateye Stadium.  A large water-bottle-shaped battery, then a voltage converter, then a huge lamp unit that wouldn't have looked out of place on the front of a USAnian wood-burning steam engine of the 1860's.

Then I downsized to a Cateye Doubleshot.  This time a battery pack velcro'd to the frame, and a co-ax wire with bayonet-connector.  Very damage-prone (which is why I've bought its replacement), but the light unit itself was very reminiscent of Johnny 5 (or Wall-E for the younger generation.)

New one is Cateye anyone see the pattern here?HL-EL610 singleshot.  Now no wires, clips into the same bracket that's on the handlebars (or nearest equivalent) of all my bikes, eminently pocketable without having to undo wires or velcro.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Tim

« Reply #771 on: 16 February, 2011, 01:47:03 pm »
So far this week I've ordered some new lenses and some three-quarters.

The former is a special order from the internet bike shop to the Oakley distributor so when the shop has it they can then get on and send it my way, and the latter is ordered as an in stock item from Evans.

My money is on the former arriving first.

« Reply #772 on: 16 February, 2011, 02:19:58 pm »
A Philips Saferide dynamo light.
Ordered Monday am from Bike 24 it arrived about an hour ago.
It's now fitted to the bike  :thumbsup:

AndyH

« Reply #773 on: 16 February, 2011, 02:41:33 pm »
After months of indecision and dithering I've ordered an Enigma Etape frame. Should be with me next week.  :
It's just arrived, I can't see much work being done this afternoon  ;D

« Reply #774 on: 16 February, 2011, 02:47:20 pm »
After months of indecision and dithering I've ordered an Enigma Etape frame. Should be with me next week.  :
It's just arrived, I can't see much work being done this afternoon  ;D

Congratulations on the new arrival  ;D