Author Topic: Charlie Brooker Screenwipe Episode 3 (on writing)  (Read 1827 times)

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Charlie Brooker Screenwipe Episode 3 (on writing)
« on: 09 December, 2008, 01:41:04 pm »
Download this and watch it before it disappears off i-player tonight, it's fantastic.

Charlie Brooker interviews a selection of TV writers such as Graham Linehan, Tony Jordan & Russel T Davies about writing.  I found it really interesting, apoligies for late download notice.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Charlie Brooker Screenwipe Episode 3 (on writing)
« Reply #1 on: 09 December, 2008, 01:43:37 pm »
Download this and watch it before it disappears off i-player tonight, it's fantastic.

Charlie Brooker interviews a selection of TV writers such as Graham Linehan, Tony Jordan & Russel T Davies about writing.  I found it really interesting, apoligies for late download notice.

I got bored with it halfway through, possibly because I am irredeemably shallow.  I prefer Brooker when he's frothing at the mouth and calling the cast of Brittannia High "pissweasels".
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #2 on: 09 December, 2008, 02:07:13 pm »
Tony Jordan, Graham Linehan and Russel T Davies were interesting but the rest were either too boring or too up themselves.
a great mind thinks alike

LEE

« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2008, 02:18:13 pm »
He interviewed some up-his-own-arse "Eastenders" writer who thought he was Steinbeck.

I mean who would actually own up to writing the Eastenders script?

Why did Brooker even contemplate speaking to the tosser?

Hopefully he's done with interviews now and will start tearing chunks out of reality shows again.

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
« Reply #4 on: 09 December, 2008, 04:17:03 pm »
I thought Tony Jordan was good value.
My favourite aspect of the programme was the role of procrastination in the process.
And I loved Linehan's analogy of doing a poo.

I'd recommend the programme, I thought it was an hour well spent. The Peep Show guys and Davies got on my nerves though.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: 09 December, 2008, 10:47:40 pm »
I thought Tony Jordan was good value.
My favourite aspect of the programme was the role of procrastination in the process.
And I loved Linehan's analogy of doing a poo.

I'd recommend the programme, I thought it was an hour well spent. The Peep Show guys and Davies got on my nerves though.

I don't especially like Davies either but he was damn on the money right at the end, specifically about completion.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6 on: 12 December, 2008, 01:50:35 am »
Hopefully he's done with interviews now and will start tearing chunks out of reality shows again.

Konnie Huq getting a bunch of blokes to piss in a field good enough for you?  ;D

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #7 on: 17 December, 2008, 10:04:11 pm »
Just watching Episode 5 on iPlayer (children's TV)  ;D