Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2432800 times)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #3200 on: 27 May, 2010, 09:28:08 am »
He didn't tell you that you are meant to take the picture in your kitchen though; then we can comment on your kitchen units too. ;)

Kitchen Pr0n
Mr N, that IS his kitchen.
Sofa in the kitchen?  Posh or what, eh?   ::-)
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #3201 on: 27 May, 2010, 10:31:00 am »
Just needs some mudguards, a rack, and an adjustable stem to get those bars up a bit and it'll be perfect  :)
You forgot the Brooks saddle!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #3202 on: 27 May, 2010, 10:43:02 am »
Just needs some mudguards, a rack, and an adjustable stem to get those bars up a bit and it'll be perfect  :)
You forgot the Brooks saddle!

And a kick stand.

LindaG

« Reply #3203 on: 27 May, 2010, 12:12:17 pm »
Where are you supposed to put your basket?

« Reply #3204 on: 27 May, 2010, 12:12:58 pm »
Where are you supposed to put your basket?

Can't you see the large basket mounting rails sticking out at the front?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3205 on: 27 May, 2010, 04:35:30 pm »
He didn't tell you that you are meant to take the picture in your kitchen though; then we can comment on your kitchen units too. ;)

Kitchen Pr0n

I'll take another pic tonight with a better aspect so you can critique my drawers  ;)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3206 on: 27 May, 2010, 04:45:49 pm »
:hand: It's not that sort of forum.
Getting there...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3207 on: 27 May, 2010, 05:19:53 pm »
:hand: It's not that sort of forum.

Speak for yourself.  I have no objection to seeing Noodley's drawers...  ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #3208 on: 27 May, 2010, 06:44:10 pm »

Kitchen Pr0n
Mr N, that IS his kitchen.
Sofa in the kitchen?  Posh or what, eh?   ::-)
Good grief, that  is posh.  ;)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3209 on: 27 May, 2010, 11:11:58 pm »
He'll be getting out of the bath to have a wee next!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #3210 on: 28 May, 2010, 07:43:07 am »

My new n+1, although it really isn't a +1 since it is a frame transplant into my old summer road bike.

It's a planet-x Ti pro road frame (L). Columbus Carve fork, mostly Ultegra 9-speed drivetrain (apart from a 105 HT2 chainset with TA Hegoa rings).

It's light and whizzes along very satisfactorily, although I can't say I've detected any magical Ti loveliness about it. It feels almost the same to ride as my old ally/carbon frame (not surprising as it's the same wheels+tyres and I exactly duplicated my riding position) although it is noticeably stiffer than the old bike (or at least the combination of this frame and a HT2 crank is stiffer).

I'm pleased with it so far  :thumbsup:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3211 on: 28 May, 2010, 11:32:42 am »
Nice. What are the handlebars?

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3212 on: 28 May, 2010, 12:41:08 pm »
Back to reality from all of these P0sh bikes  :P:

Mum's old bike, which will probably end up in Africa,

was replaced, earlier today, with this Pashley Princess Soverign.

Not as heavy as it looks. Schwalbe Marathons plus tyres, Pletscher rear basket, replaces an old supermarket wire basket, and a hand made saddle cover. Only one slight problem  :( the pump fell off in the packaging and has a lovely dent in it  :facepalm:. The LBS is getting a free replacement  in though :thumbsup:. A plus is that it'll probably fit me with the seat post put up  8).
More pics here, Clicky.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3213 on: 28 May, 2010, 12:45:24 pm »
How fab it that Del!?!  You should bring it along on one of our cultural evenings rides to the pub  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3214 on: 28 May, 2010, 12:49:40 pm »
How fab it that Del!?!  You should bring it along on one of our cultural evenings rides to the pub  :thumbsup:
It had occurred to me to bring it along on some rides, with baskets of course.  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3215 on: 28 May, 2010, 12:51:43 pm »
It had occurred to me to bring it along on some rides, with baskets of course.  :thumbsup:

With baskets of course.  I think a Pashley with baskets would suit Wow  ;D

NickM

« Reply #3216 on: 28 May, 2010, 02:43:14 pm »

Holdsworth Special from sometime in the 80s. 531 frame and fork. Silstar crankset and Suntour front mech. 8-speed Dura-Ace brifters and rear mech. The wheels are Alex DA16s and came courtesy of this forum's 'bobb' (and they are running very nicely, ta bobb).

This has been a project bike for a little while. I bought it off eBay to keep me going (after my old bike got stolen) until the Ride2Work scheme rolled round again. There's nothing particularly 'special' about this bike (by Holdsworth standards) and it does weigh a fair bit, even for steel, but the frame size is good for me and it's a nice comfy ride.

When I bought it, the components were largely original (Universal callipers, suicide levers, 5-speed drivetrain, 27inch wheels with no mudguard clearance, etc) and the guy selling it was obviously something of a purist. That's all very well, but it's a much nicer bike to ride with lighter wheels, 8-speed cassette and STI levers and to be able to put mudguards on when it's raining, so I have no qualms with the upgrades. Other than the crankset, which I'd like to replace with something more modern, I'm very happy with it. Dura-Ace – albeit mid-90s, 8-speed Dura-Ace – may be a bit over-the-top for a commuter, but it shifts like a dream - minimal effort, no fuss, clean every time.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3217 on: 28 May, 2010, 02:53:06 pm »
8 speed? :o

That's a bit modern ;D
Getting there...

NickM

« Reply #3218 on: 28 May, 2010, 02:59:52 pm »
Ha! Yes, fair enough. Its stable-mate is this little lovely, which was the outcome of the Ride2Work investment.

« Reply #3219 on: 28 May, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »
Ha! Yes, fair enough. Its stable-mate is this little lovely, which was the outcome of the Ride2Work investment.

nice...
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3220 on: 28 May, 2010, 03:04:09 pm »
*toying with the idea of an 80s bike ride* ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #3221 on: 28 May, 2010, 03:13:54 pm »
I had talked myself out of a new one, I know I know {hangs head in shame}, but that Fuji.......
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

« Reply #3222 on: 28 May, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »
BANG!!  :o What TF was that? Was it jets practising for the air show? No, it was the front inner tube in a last desperate bid for freedom.

Factory must've pinched the tube between rim and tyre bead when fitting it. It has been standing in the dining room for about two hours. LBS will replace it FOC.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #3223 on: 28 May, 2010, 04:39:57 pm »
It's not mine but I want one!!  :P A lovely Pederson.

Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #3224 on: 28 May, 2010, 05:05:55 pm »

PBP '11.  You know you want to.