Author Topic: Mersey Roads 24 hour 2010  (Read 5062 times)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Re: Mersey Roads 24 hour 2010
« Reply #25 on: 31 January, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »
Does anyone know if there's an map of the course, especially the finishing circuit, available anywhere? A couple of my clubmates are up for it this year, and I said I'd try to get them some info on the course.

I rode the event last year, but my memory of the course (especially the finishing circuit  :-[ ) is a bit hazy.

ISTR seeing somewhere a "routesheet" somewhere, but I can't find that either.
Thanks.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #26 on: 31 January, 2010, 07:06:05 pm »
Suggest you find your route-sheet, which was in the Start Sheet (i.e. not the Results pamphlet) :)

I don't THINK it's ever been on the web - however, some kind soul may sketch it out for you ...
(in the 1990s it was much more interesting than currently - not sure about before that).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #27 on: 31 January, 2010, 07:36:09 pm »

eck

• Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #28 on: 31 January, 2010, 07:46:46 pm »
Suggest you find your route-sheet, which was in the Start Sheet (i.e. not the Results pamphlet) :)
Cheers, matt, not sure if I got one, me being the front half of the pantomime horse that was McNasty 'n' me on the tandem. He did all the paperwork, so I just went where he told me to.
Mrs Lucy Megajoules has kindly sent me a copy.

Here's mine. Don't crease it, please.
And thanks for that, Ian, I'll post it back to you when I've finished.  :thumbsup:

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #29 on: 01 February, 2010, 11:21:47 am »
+1 thanks for the map Ian.

Eck:
I wasn't meaning to be facetious - I didn't realise your ... unusual situation, sorry! I made that post partly because it had always puzzled me that this one course doesn't seem to be up on the web anywhere, either in route-sheet form or map. [IIRC all other TT "route sheets" are up somewhere, if you look long enough; I know where the West London ones are.]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

eck

• Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #30 on: 01 February, 2010, 11:46:03 am »

Eck:
I wasn't meaning to be facetious - I didn't realise your ... unusual situation, sorry! I made that post partly because it had always puzzled me that this one course doesn't seem to be up on the web anywhere, either in route-sheet form or map. [IIRC all other TT "route sheets" are up somewhere, if you look long enough; I know where the West London ones are.]

:)
No worries, mattc. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before, just couldn't remember where. The map that Ian H's post linked to is helpful too.
And, yes, riding the 24 onna tandem with McNasty was certainly an ... "unusual" experience.  :-X ;D
Cheers

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #31 on: 09 February, 2010, 11:57:56 pm »
I've been saved.

Something niggled and I started considering this.  Thankfully, my thoughts stopped when I realised that I'll be ushering for a friend's wedding on that day. 

Saved, at least for this year.