Author Topic: Super bright flashing bloody lights  (Read 30765 times)

Re: Super bright flashing bloody lights
« Reply #200 on: 05 December, 2011, 11:48:04 am »
MaXx-D in daytime:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4ZiVqAKoDE&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/F4ZiVqAKoDE&rel=1</a>
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #201 on: 05 December, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »
We'll have to brush up on our Morse code, obviously.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #202 on: 25 January, 2012, 10:58:07 pm »
Just got a Fibreflare, having seen a couple on my commute - very effective! I have mine running across the back of my Barley, with a Pixeo on the guard directly below.

I think two separated steady rear lights on a bike helps the oblivious motons judge, when they can be bothered, my speed.

I really like the Fibreflare  :)

« Reply #203 on: 27 January, 2012, 09:27:20 pm »
I run a smart r2 on the seat post and a standard 7 led flasher on each pannier along with a 100 lumen flasher on the front with a magicshine for unlit sections and i cant remember the last time i had a close overtake, maybe its because  the width of the lights in a triangle from behind  makes the other road users perceive you as wider than what they think a cycle should be so they give me plenty of room ?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #204 on: 28 January, 2012, 03:10:57 pm »
along with a 100 lumen flasher on the front

:facepalm:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #205 on: 28 January, 2012, 03:27:00 pm »
along with a 100 lumen flasher on the front

:facepalm:

Yup gotta remember i ride on unlit country lanes so i need to use a decent light  , the benefit of running a flasher and a steady beam is that  you make sure the driver has seen you  and you can see where your going and they can judge you distance as well.Properly angled  this does not cause a problem.

« Reply #206 on: 28 January, 2012, 04:30:49 pm »
Just got a Fibreflare, having seen a couple on my commute - very effective! I have mine running across the back of my Barley, with a Pixeo on the guard directly below.

I think two separated steady rear lights on a bike helps the oblivious motons judge, when they can be bothered, my speed.

I've discovered a new use  for my fibreflare; clipping to the back of toddlers when walking along the lane to the pub park.  I've just ordered the shorter 25cm version in addition as i think it will fit Barley D rings perfectly, without the need for the little karabiners I'm using to fix mine at the moment.

Buzz

« Reply #207 on: 01 February, 2012, 08:02:47 pm »
Every semi serious cycling twanker and his dog is buying magic shine clones on the bay and then tootling down the towpath with them.

It's considered polite to turn these things off when you are head on to other peds and cyclist, perhaps have a slightly less bright head torch so you can kill the main beam and carefully make your way past people, perhaps even fit a bell. It is not however considerd polite to hurl abuse and threats when people suggest that you point it down a bit or turn it off until you have safely passed people - it may in fact even lead to nose bleeds and dental problems if you continue with such behaviour as not everyone is as forgiving as I am - like the fat middle aged king of the hi-viz decided to do last night.

May he fall arse first on his pump and get it stuck there.

« Reply #208 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »
MaXx-D in daytime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ZiVqAKoDE

In the above video, the car lights are more dazzling than the MaXx-D.

« Reply #209 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:46:42 pm »

I've discovered a new use  for my fibreflare; clipping to the back of toddlers when walking along the lane to the pub park.  I've just ordered the shorter 25cm version in addition as i think it will fit Barley D rings perfectly, without the need for the little karabiners I'm using to fix mine at the moment.

I have the standard one mounted so that the pen cap style clips are pushed through the small gap in the double layer of strap just above the top buckles - tight fit but sadly they don't go in far - and a very thin cable tie around the Flare and through the light fitting strap in the middle of the lid of the Barley. All sits nice and straight, with the clips only partially into the straps. Batteries can be changed in situ. Parking? Bag and Flare come off as one.

« Reply #210 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »
I have my Dinotte 140 LiOn and the Exposure Flare on the back.  On the front I have my Lumicycle LED4 but I only use it in low mode as that is plenty bright enough for me and gives me excellent battery life.  I have my Exposure Joystick as back up but I don't use it in flashing mode at this time of year or at night.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #211 on: 02 February, 2012, 09:00:02 am »
Every semi serious cycling twanker and his dog is buying magic shine clones on the bay and then tootling down the towpath with them.

It's considered polite to turn these things off when you are head on to other peds and cyclist, perhaps have a slightly less bright head torch so you can kill the main beam and carefully make your way past people, perhaps even fit a bell. It is not however considerd polite to hurl abuse and threats when people suggest that you point it down a bit or turn it off until you have safely passed people - it may in fact even lead to nose bleeds and dental problems if you continue with such behaviour as not everyone is as forgiving as I am - like the fat middle aged king of the hi-viz decided to do last night.

May he fall arse first on his pump and get it stuck there.
Well said  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles