Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1577 times)

What would you do?
« on: 29 June, 2008, 04:35:54 pm »
ok So I got a lot of abuse in actions of the other day.

What would you do in the situation if you were standing out side your work place smoking and a guy comes up to you asking to borrow a lighter, then once you have handed it over he says he will be back in a min and produces a piece of burnt tin foil and a baggie of something and goes to walk off.

Would you ask for the lighter back and tell him to go away.

or let him do it and just carry on with your day

I did one of these and I think you no which one it is, I just could not believe that someone would want to do this at 9 on a Sunday morning.

bobajobrob

Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: 29 June, 2008, 04:40:24 pm »
I did one of these and I think you no which one it is, I just could not believe that someone would want to do this at 9 on a Sunday morning.

I know, chasing the dragon should be confined to the evening!!1

You could also have asked him for a go.

« Reply #2 on: 29 June, 2008, 04:49:14 pm »

You could also have asked him for a go.

I have done many silly things in my youth but that is not one of them and I'm not going to start now

« Reply #3 on: 29 June, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »
Maybe next time keep firm hold of the lighter and offer him just a light?

« Reply #4 on: 29 June, 2008, 05:20:45 pm »
Arrest him.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: 29 June, 2008, 10:34:07 pm »
I'd lend him the lighter, raise one eyebrow- a bit- when he produces the tinfoil, then, once he's returned the lighter I'd put it back in my pocket, accepting any thanks with a nod. Later I'd post the experience on a cycling forum.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #6 on: 30 June, 2008, 08:04:16 am »
I'd jump on my bike and run him over  :thumbsup:

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #7 on: 30 June, 2008, 09:10:55 am »
Was he foreign?  Bloody asylum seekers get given free heroin out of your council taxes these days, you couldn't make it up.

« Reply #8 on: 30 June, 2008, 10:35:48 am »
You don't live in York, do you? There is a heck of a lot of heroin on the streets here, I've seen people getting the foil out in the city centre.

It's a difficult situation. If a cheap lighter, let them walk away, see if they come back.

Talk nice to them - there but for the grace of god, etc.
(and if you try to grab the lighter back, you might end up with them stabbing a HIV/Hepatitis-carrying needle into you)
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #9 on: 30 June, 2008, 10:47:45 am »
A couple of years ago, I was rolling a snout on a train in north London (to smoke once I'd got off). Two guys were trying to prepare what I assume was crack, but their lighter was knackered. Seeing me roll a snout they knew I'd have a lighter - so they asked to borrow it. Or rather told me to lend it to them. I eagerly handed it over. I didn't really want to upset a pair of unhinged crack heads!

They gave the lighter back too! Nice chaps.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

bobajobrob

« Reply #10 on: 30 June, 2008, 10:56:30 am »
(and if you try to grab the lighter back, you might end up with them stabbing a HIV/Hepatitis-carrying needle into you)

Then you might get mugged by a pair of asylum seeking paedophile badgers on crack!!1one

« Reply #11 on: 30 June, 2008, 11:19:59 am »
If I was in that situation, I'd consider getting a job which didn't require being at work at 9am on a Sunday.