Off Topic > Arts and Entertainment

What was the last film you watched?

<< < (1330/2090) > >>

TimC:
Sully. Totally false depiction of a hostile NTSB investigation that never happened that way, but a very sympathetic view of the stresses the man went through after the Hudson water landing. A good watch, overall.

ETA: they actually went to some effort to get the inflight sequences accurate, and mostly succeeded.

T42:

--- Quote from: fuzzy (retd.) AAGE on 01 October, 2016, 11:07:19 pm ---A long overdue return visit to Leon. An ace film with Gary Oldman doing the mad mad bad bit really well, Jean Reno at his finest and a damn fine performance from an pickle Natalie Portman.

This film is 22 years old for Dogs sake!

--- End quote ---

Haven't seen that for years. We had it on VHS but knew it so well we never bought a DVD of it.

Don't see enough of Jean Reno these days. Last thing I saw him in was that 90s remake of Godzilla .

Asterix, the former Gaul.:
Deepwater Horizon.

based on events six years ago when the oil rig leased by BP went haywire.  Eleven people died.  Apportionment of blame has kept lawyers busy ever since.

Contains heroes and villains, huge bangs, crashes, flames and dramatic rescuing going on.  BP comes off worst with emphasis on meeting deadlines taking precedence over safety - quite believable but BP can't have been the only ones.

The most dangerous job in the world they say, and if this film is reasonably accurate I wouldn't argue with that. 

TimO:

--- Quote from: T42 on 02 October, 2016, 02:01:40 pm ---...
Don't see enough of Jean Reno these days. Last thing I saw him in was that 90s remake of Godzilla .

--- End quote ---

I wondered where I'd last "seen" him in a film, and it was as the voice of 'Le Frog' in Flushed Away !

Mr Larrington:

--- Quote from: asterix on 04 October, 2016, 10:38:37 am ---Deepwater Horizon.

based on events six years ago when the oil rig leased by BP went haywire.  Eleven people died.  Apportionment of blame has kept lawyers busy ever since.

Contains heroes and villains, huge bangs, crashes, flames and dramatic rescuing going on.  BP comes off worst with emphasis on meeting deadlines taking precedence over safety - quite believable but BP can't have been the only ones.

The most dangerous job in the world they say, and if this film is reasonably accurate I wouldn't argue with that.

--- End quote ---

Let me guess: the film-makers were keen to emphasise the "BRITISH" in "BP", failed to note that the rig was operated by a USAnian outfit to USAnian safety standards (one expert at the time said the incident couldn't have happened if North Sea-stylee safety standards were in place) and glossed over both the rig having brought in a new and very colossal field in the Gulf of Mexico the previous year and the insatiable desire of USAnia for petroleum products that made it necessary in the first place.

At least, that was the impression I got while on the Gulf Coast in 2012.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version