Author Topic: Concrete Circus ft. Danny Macaskill  (Read 863 times)

AndyK

Concrete Circus ft. Danny Macaskill
« on: 15 August, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »
Channel 4. Today, started 9.00pm almost finished now. Probably on catch up or 4player later. Some absolutely incredible stuff from Danny Macaskill in a disused ironworks. Some of it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

If you have Channel 4 +1 then you will catch Macaskill's section if you start watching now.

Tim

Re: Concrete Circus ft. Danny Macaskill
« Reply #1 on: 16 August, 2011, 09:31:27 am »
The bouncing across the struts of a rotted out train wagon was just showing off.

But mighty impressive stuff, also including BMX, skateboard and parkour as well.

LEE

« Reply #2 on: 16 August, 2011, 09:43:05 am »
I recorded it so I'll treat myself and watch it later today.

I love watching Trials riding (ever since watching Ryan Leech's "Manifesto"), freestyle BMX and Parkour.

Skateboarding however is a pile of wank..in all it's wanky forms. 

Nothing makes my blood boil like the clattering of wood against concrete, echoing around town centres, just for the sake of some tedious little "Ollie".

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2011, 05:36:43 pm »

LEE

« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2011, 12:53:19 pm »
Amazing TV (apart from the Skateboarding obviously).

The 2 Free-Runners moved like animals rather than humans, the blonde lad in particular seemed to float over every obstacle in his path  Very much like "crouching tiger hidden dragon" but without the wires.

« Reply #5 on: 17 August, 2011, 01:11:15 pm »
Agreed Lee.

I quite like watching skateboarding on a half-pipe, I find but street stuff dull & a bit crap.  It also winds me up that all the benches where I live are scratched to shit because the local youth find it necessary to skate on someone else's (private) property.

I was surprised I liked the free-running so much but I wasn'tsold on the fire thing.  It looked too special effects on the film, despite them actually setting them on fire.

The flatland BMX was pretty good too, but my favourite was definitely the trials riding.  I liked the combination of the technical skill required and the composition of the film.  The bits showing him do the set-up really add to the film.  The only thing I didn't like - the very obvious sponsorship, but I suppose it's necessary.