Author Topic: Bad Cough, Sore Throat ..AGAIN  (Read 3061 times)

Re: Bad Cough, Sore Throat ..AGAIN
« Reply #25 on: 30 May, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »
Thanks, Helly. That's interesting about the measles vaccine dosages.

After three visits to/from a doctor (I am very lucky to be registered with a fantastic village surgery) I am making some sort of recovery. I still have a very sore throat and am coughing like a barking seal but have definitely turned a corner in the right direction. I'm having tests for glandular fever.

Bad news is that Woolly's got it now.   :-[

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 30 May, 2013, 02:36:17 pm »
Get Well Soon, Woolly!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #27 on: 30 May, 2013, 04:17:04 pm »
Tha#*cough*#nks, it is #*cough*# so bad. Just rather hard to swallow feels like there is only at third of the normal room for passage of food. Its been lingering around for the last four days, never really kicking in, I feel a bit tired and seeing others in the household fall to the bug just means that its going to get me too.

The worst part is that it is playing with my ears just like the onset of middle ear infection, which I suffered big time with as wee nipper, never been fun to have, real agony can't blow my nose as the pressure/pain that that create sends this grown man to tears. Eating Sudafed which has been the only drug I have found to help with my ears. If only it would blooming start so that it can finish!

Peli's mum is soldiering  on just fine.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

LEE

« Reply #28 on: 30 May, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »
I did 100 miles on Sunday.  I'm still clearing my throat a lot but I'm over it.  Light at the end of the tunnel.

« Reply #29 on: 06 June, 2013, 07:48:45 pm »
I have had a cough since Christmas. On cold, hard club rides it really shows itself, as does the mucus, but is un-noticeable on easy rides, and when I have remembered to take cough/ cataarh medicine for a couple of days. With the warmer weather this week, I have been riding to work without a buff around my neck, but there has been cold winds, and I am coughing again.

Question: would it be madness to do a 600 (3 Coasts) this weekend, or should I have a bike free weekend? This would be my first 600 for LEL training.
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #30 on: 06 June, 2013, 09:03:23 pm »
I have had a cough since Christmas. On cold, hard club rides it really shows itself, as does the mucus, but is un-noticeable on easy rides, and when I have remembered to take cough/ cataarh medicine for a couple of days. With the warmer weather this week, I have been riding to work without a buff around my neck, but there has been cold winds, and I am coughing again.

Question: would it be madness to do a 600 (3 Coasts) this weekend, or should I have a bike free weekend? This would be my first 600 for LEL training.

Have you been checked for asthma???
If you can see your GP that may help.

« Reply #31 on: 07 June, 2013, 12:15:52 am »

Not considered asthma, as I don't usually get short of breath. Only flares up on cold or hard rides, then continues at home. Never like to bother GPs. Bought lozenges and cough medicine to dose up, which I don't like to do.

Have you been checked for asthma???
If you can see your GP that may help.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #32 on: 07 June, 2013, 12:25:38 am »
Coughing can be the only symptom of asthma in some people, especially children.
Exercised-induced asthma often comes on when exercising in cold air...

« Reply #33 on: 07 June, 2013, 09:50:31 am »
Thanks Helly. Going through the nhs direct questions, doesn't warrant calling them or doctor visit, as symptoms aren't severe. Just gonna take cough medicine reuglarly today, and hourly antiseptic throat lozenges. If I feel better tonight, and think I'll get through the 600 without too much coughing, I'm off.