Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750823 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #6300 on: 12 March, 2015, 04:53:09 pm »
Or can the banker have a 'Bitch'....that does not constitute an offer btw. Oh, and if you happen to be referring to me as a banker because I happen to work for a bank....I wouldn't, I worked for Lehman Brothers remember, that did not work out so well.

I like the £10 and top up suggestion as well.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #6301 on: 12 March, 2015, 04:54:44 pm »
  • £10 in to start kitty on the night
  • £5 top ups if the kitty runs out
  • Any kitty residue gets 'banked' and put towards a worthy MEMWNS cause such as end of year curry & beer open for all to attend
... Perhaps the 'banker' should have a notebook to take orders?

I always have the MEMWNS Little Book of Big Ideas with me ...

and a pinny!

... plus my faux denim Rainlegs!

Job done  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6302 on: 12 March, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »
... Oh, and if you happen to be referring to me as a banker because I happen to work for a bank....I wouldn't, I worked for Lehman Brothers remember, that did not work out so well.

To be fair, I can't imagine the collapse of Lehman Brothers was entirely your fault!

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6303 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:20:46 am »
Oh, and if you happen to be referring to me as a banker because I happen to work for a bank....I wouldn't, I worked for Lehman Brothers remember, that did not work out so well.

It appears that I am the 'Special One' 'Chosen One' with many thanks to Huggy and OD for the vote of confidence as per next Wednesday I shall be the Banker and hold the purse!
I generally know in advance any Wednesday's that I can't attend and with this in my mind I shall temporarily pass the purse over to a nominated bitch for the following week before regaining the rains the week afterwards  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6304 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:31:47 am »
Oh, and if you happen to be referring to me as a banker because I happen to work for a bank....I wouldn't, I worked for Lehman Brothers remember, that did not work out so well.

It appears that I am the 'Special One' 'Chosen One' with many thanks to Huggy and OD for the vote of confidence ...

A great example of democracy at work  ;D

I have been shopping on Amazon and the Official Purse is on it's way from Brazil China.

I should point out that the kitty idea is but a trial and is by no means compulsory.  If you can't attend regularly you can either buy your own beer or contribute to the kitty for one night only.  Of course you can always buy private pints between kitty rounds if you've got a thirst on.

« Reply #6305 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:41:57 am »
I hope it is a Hello Kitty Kitty Purse

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6306 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:44:31 am »
Of course you can always buy private pints between kitty rounds if you've got a thirst on.
You're looking at Oaky aren't you!

;D  :thumbsup:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

The Retiree

« Reply #6307 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:45:16 am »
I'm struggling to find the number I had for HSBC in Switzerland but i'm sure I will find it soon.......  :o

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6308 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:48:14 am »
I'm struggling to find the number I had for HSBC in Switzerland but i'm sure I will find it soon.......  :o
Tippers will be able to give a few numbers as he worked there and has hidden all that Lehman Brothers money somewhere  ::-)

« Reply #6309 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:52:14 am »
I am simply know as BFB793 in Switzerland  ;)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6310 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:55:21 am »

I doubt you'll be disappointed.  It comes with a free gift too  :thumbsup:

Which might explain the soot bike and tarty mudguards (which rattle and rub  ;D   ::-)  )

The Retiree

« Reply #6311 on: 13 March, 2015, 11:02:26 am »

I shall quote this number when I make contact and see where it gets me  ;)

I'm very intrigued to see what this 'free gift' might be  :o

« Reply #6312 on: 13 March, 2015, 04:26:39 pm »
The Windmill Tavern, East Hanningfield, is no more!  :o  :'(
It has become, or will be soon, The Folly Bistro. A name that inspires confidence in its presumed longevity.  ::-)

« Reply #6313 on: 13 March, 2015, 04:29:13 pm »

A Hello Kitty Vibrator?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6314 on: 13 March, 2015, 04:42:52 pm »

A Hello Kitty Vibrator?

I think she must have misinterpreted the Chinese -> English -> Chinese instructions  :o

« Reply #6315 on: 13 March, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »

A Hello Kitty Vibrator?

I think she must have misinterpreted the Chinese -> English -> Chinese instructions  :o

Maybe she has more than 1!  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6316 on: 13 March, 2015, 04:59:37 pm »
It has become, or will be soon, The Folly Bistro. A name that inspires confidence in its presumed longevity.  ::-)

Fooking tragic.  The Windmill was the venue of our inaugural Friday Night Ride to the Pub (FNRttP) - remember them (hic!)?   And from those rides spawned the MEMWNS which was supposed to be the "less beer, more riding" cousin of the FNRttP (the idea has never really caught on  :-\  )

The inaugural ride was in September 2008, back in the acf (another cycling forum) days.  Some photos (taken by Del I think) from the archives ...

You'll note the pickled egg thing has a long heritage.  Also some old faces: токамак, a mate of bobb's rarely seen these days  :'( and Nutty who is now down in the New Forest I believe, also  :'(

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6317 on: 15 March, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »
In case you haven't seen it and you'd like a trip back in time to the January Christmas Do take a look here.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6318 on: 15 March, 2015, 09:44:43 pm »

Fooking tragic.  The Windmill was the venue of our inaugural Friday Night Ride to the Pub (FNRttP) - remember them (hic!)?   And from those rides spawned the MEMWNS which was supposed to be the "less beer, more riding" cousin of the FNRttP (the idea has never really caught on  :-\  )

The inaugural ride was in September 2008, back in the acf (another cycling forum) days.  Some photos (taken by Del I think) from the archives ...

You'll note the pickled egg thing has a long heritage.  Also some old faces: токамак, a mate of bobb's rarely seen these days  :'( and Nutty who is now down in the New Forest I believe, also  :'(

Correction: the inaugural FNRTTP involved about 6 of them and was from Rochford Station.

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12973.75 refers.

On second thoughts, I'm not surprised you don't actually remember the occaion, OD. :D  :-*
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

The Retiree

« Reply #6319 on: 16 March, 2015, 08:44:35 am »
Depending upon who will be part of the peloton on Wednesday night I wondered whilst trying to incorporate the possible attendance of Tedshred & Carlos as well as Tippers in Tiptree whether anyone fancied The Onsley Arms - Stisted or The Chequers - Great Tey?

Both I believe are part of the Colchester camra branch, maybe the Onsley looks slightly better in terms of ales on offer...... my thoughts were we could swoop out from Witham towards Tiptree way to either collect Tippers (or if he is already with us from Spa Rd) not too further from there we present Ted and Carlos the chance to hook up with us!
Stisted I know will be a doddle for Tomsk if he is out on Weds!

Let me now and I will plot a route once all's confirmed  ;D

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #6320 on: 16 March, 2015, 08:52:14 am »
The pickled egg above is white,  mine was so old it was a mottled brown. It looked like a semi-preserved relic from a pharoahs tomb. Judging by the look and taste of it I doubt it was an egg at all.

Thankfully it was the last one in the jar.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #6321 on: 16 March, 2015, 08:56:54 am »
Thoughtful choices DL, either is good for me, Onsley Arms maybe favourite.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6322 on: 16 March, 2015, 09:04:40 am »
Correction: the inaugural FNRTTP involved about 6 of them and was from Rochford Station.

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12973.75 refers.

On second thoughts, I'm not surprised you don't actually remember the occasion, OD. :D  :-*

Noooooo, check the date in the bottom right-hand corner of the photo of you and the pickled egg ... 19 Sep 2008.  The 6 pub epic during which I got utterly smashed and had to be taken home by Del was 29 Jan 2009.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6323 on: 16 March, 2015, 09:07:25 am »
Depending upon who will be part of the peloton on Wednesday night I wondered whilst trying to incorporate the possible attendance of Tedshred & Carlos as well as Tippers in Tiptree whether anyone fancied The Onsley Arms - Stisted or The Chequers - Great Tey?

Both I believe are part of the Colchester camra branch, maybe the Onsley looks slightly better in terms of ales on offer...... my thoughts were we could swoop out from Witham towards Tiptree way to either collect Tippers (or if he is already with us from Spa Rd) not too further from there we present Ted and Carlos the chance to hook up with us!
Stisted I know will be a doddle for Tomsk if he is out on Weds!

Let me now and I will plot a route once all's confirmed  ;D

Top stuff  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #6324 on: 16 March, 2015, 09:20:46 am »
 :thumbsup: below is the proposed route not dissimilar mileage wise to last weeks MEMWNS. Depending upon how strongly Tippers is riding and whether Oros attends we may have a slightly slower outbound journey OD!
I have incorporated a sweep through Tiptree and then with Ted and Carlos in mind we touch upon Layer Marney which I hope presents a decent meeting point for them to pick up the road chain....

On the inward bound return for Tippers, Carlos & Ted there is the option to peel off after we have passed through Silver End to cut down into Kelvedon or of course they can carry straight on and up through Rivenhall End and Great Braxted.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/9048219

My only snag whilst trying to plot the route is it appears that the domain name for BikeRouteToaster needs renewing and is therefore currently unaccessible  :demon: not sure if Huggy can work his magic to provide a link to those without edge devices from my connect route or I will try and replot in another website......