Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750773 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #12925 on: 30 November, 2018, 07:23:43 pm »
Luckins Wine are ok about just grabbing cases of beer on the day. Mixed cases are ok, but it'd be simpler to just get 12 of one type per case. Average price about £2.75 per bottle [500ml].

Recently I've had [bottled] - 'Witch Hunt' 4.2%, also 'Divine' 5.1%, Heresy and 1555 available too. Hoping for 'Festive' 4.8% [old ale], maybe other seasonal ales. Will the crew trust me to make a selection: 3 bottles each [for the non-fruit-based drinkers] - £8.25 per person ok??? 8 [x 3] beer drinkers is two cases, any advance?

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12926 on: 30 November, 2018, 07:33:43 pm »
Luckins Wine are ok about just grabbing cases of beer on the day. Mixed cases are ok, but it'd be simpler to just get 12 of one type per case. Average price about £2.75 per bottle [500ml].

Recently I've had [bottled] - 'Witch Hunt' 4.2%, also 'Divine' 5.1%, Heresy and 1555 available too. Hoping for 'Festive' 4.8% [old ale], maybe other seasonal ales. Will the crew trust me to make a selection: 3 bottles each [for the non-fruit-based drinkers] - £8.25 per person ok??? 8 [x 3] beer drinkers is two cases, any advance?

That sounds like a good plan - though I think I'd give the Xmas / spiced ones a miss from memory....

Arn't they bottle conditioned? (might be a transportation problem?)
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #12927 on: 30 November, 2018, 10:00:31 pm »
Malbec isn’t box conditioned. Just sayin’

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12928 on: 30 November, 2018, 10:02:58 pm »
Yeah but why waste a good wine on curry! You'd be better of sticking with Mataeus Rosé
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12929 on: 02 December, 2018, 07:44:50 pm »

Not sure I mind a bit of sediment, really - I can try running the trailer's tyre at a low pressure though!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12930 on: 02 December, 2018, 08:54:29 pm »

Not sure I mind a bit of sediment, really - I can try running the trailer's tyre at a low pressure though!

You've got all week to experiment and work out the best none sediment disturbing option... don't forget to sample after each test though!
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #12931 on: 02 December, 2018, 10:32:28 pm »
Will the crew trust me to make a selection: 3 bottles each [for the non-fruit-based drinkers] - £8.25 per person ok??? 8 [x 3] beer drinkers is two cases, any advance?

Sounds good, thank you in advance

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #12932 on: 02 December, 2018, 10:36:00 pm »
Luckins Wine are ok about just grabbing cases of beer on the day.  Will the crew trust me to make a selection: 3 bottles each [for the non-fruit-based drinkers] - £8.25 per person ok??? 8 [x 3] beer drinkers is two cases, any advance?

:thumbsup:thanks Tom
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #12933 on: 02 December, 2018, 11:31:14 pm »
I'll add my name to the curry list on Wednesday.

Happy to go with the flow and contribute money on the beer front as well.

« Reply #12934 on: 03 December, 2018, 08:23:08 am »
The stars were nearly aligned for me for Thursday but I have my practical motorbike licence test on Thursday which is going to involve being up before 7am and I suspect beer and curry wouldn't be the ideal mix of breath for the instructors to smell! However, with the gout calming down (or being held back by the higher doses of meds) and a better than expected year end review I am hoping I'll be back on track for Wednesdays come the new year...I've been missing you guys :'(

Also, hopefully I'll soon be able to offer route checking and outrider services when needed  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12935 on: 03 December, 2018, 09:46:54 am »
I hereby formally register my intent to join for Wednesday evening curry.
There was some discussion about timing of arrival at the Jalsa Ghar so I motion for the Witham Peloton to convene at the Spa Road roundabout earlier than is traditional ready for a 7pm-ish depart.  That should allow for arrival, locking up faff and settling in for about 8:30.  Sound like a plan?
(always assuming no colonial interference of course)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #12936 on: 03 December, 2018, 09:54:14 am »
There was some discussion about timing of arrival at the Jalsa Ghar so I motion for the Witham Peloton to convene at the Spa Road roundabout earlier than is traditional ready for a 7pm-ish depart.  That should allow for arrival, locking up faff and settling in for about 8:30.  Sound like a plan?

I should be OK for a 7pm depart  :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #12937 on: 03 December, 2018, 10:54:48 am »
Also OK for 7:00pm launch from Spa Rd.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12938 on: 03 December, 2018, 11:15:05 am »
...I've been missing you guys :'(

Also, hopefully I'll soon be able to offer route checking and outrider services when needed  ;D

We all miss you too  :'( Epiphany do is still ok for you? Maybe I should find a date for a Christmas-ish group permanent 200?

ACME Team Moto :thumbsup: Motor-paced across the Fens  :o

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12939 on: 03 December, 2018, 11:27:32 am »
...I've been missing you guys :'(

We all miss you too  :'( Epiphany do is still ok for you? Maybe I should find a date for a Christmas-ish group permanent 200?

Now there's an idea!
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #12940 on: 03 December, 2018, 12:53:16 pm »
Group perm in between Xmas and New Year would be good. I'll be riding anyway (if the weather is not too bad) to get my third Rapha 500 badge, but it is certainly more pleasant to ride as a group.

« Reply #12941 on: 03 December, 2018, 01:48:26 pm »
Highly unlikely to be able to make the curry I'm afraid, work stuff.

Like the idea of that group perm though.

27th or 28th would be ideal...
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

the straggler

• ACME Award Recipient & ROTY 2021
« Reply #12942 on: 03 December, 2018, 01:48:38 pm »
The stars were nearly aligned for me for Thursday but I have my practical motorbike licence test on Thursday which is going to involve being up before 7am and I suspect beer and curry wouldn't be the ideal mix of breath for the instructors to smell! However, with the gout calming down (or being held back by the higher doses of meds) and a better than expected year end review I am hoping I'll be back on track for Wednesdays come the new year...I've been missing you guys :'(

I fear we may see less of Tippers next year, turning to the dark side and noshing at Bosworth Tea Rooms in Finchingfield with the leather clad brigade; rather than riding a proper push bike for ACME.

Good luck with the moto test.
CCS - Setting the Standards

« Reply #12943 on: 03 December, 2018, 04:38:49 pm »

Yep, all good for the Epiphany.  I'm working between Christmas and New Year and we have the the Father in Law down so I'm not convinced I'll be able to make a group perm (along with the fact I am so out of shape right now I am not convinced I would make a 200).

I fear we may see less of Tippers next year, turning to the dark side and noshing at Bosworth Tea Rooms in Finchingfield with the leather clad brigade; rather than riding a proper push bike for ACME.

Good luck with the moto test.
Fear not, I have built up a good buffer of brownie points over the last few months by ignoring my bikes a lot. I still intend to ride the BCM next year and have a rough plan for a Hyper SR including Paul Stewarts BBC on fixed so come the new year, there will be focus back on turning the pedals. The motorcycle will be saved for Sunday days the day after riding with one of the mini tippers....and the like.

« Reply #12944 on: 03 December, 2018, 04:47:09 pm »
I read that as

... have a rough plan for a Hyper SR ... on fixed

which is impressive, and only one step away from a Hyper AAA SR on fixed.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12945 on: 03 December, 2018, 08:01:24 pm »

Like the idea of that group perm though.

27th or 28th would be ideal...

28th December pencilled in for a perm - Boudicca's Revenge 200km anyone? If the mince pies and turkey are still weighing you down, here is always the 'hill-dodger's long-cut' from Haslingfield to Duxford on the return, avoiding Chapel Hill and Royston Lane through to Littlebury, then via Newport, avoiding the Saffron Walden Alps. Adds about 3km I think.

« Reply #12946 on: 03 December, 2018, 08:32:06 pm »
I read that as

... have a rough plan for a Hyper SR ... on fixed

which is impressive, and only one step away from a Hyper AAA SR on fixed.
You and your AAA! ;D

« Reply #12947 on: 04 December, 2018, 07:24:03 am »
28 December pencilled in. Will start building up familial goodwill...
Did you think of Boudicca's Revenge on the grounds the the Welly is bound to be open? Or do you just have mystical scrying powers that predict a howling southerly?
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12948 on: 04 December, 2018, 05:33:51 pm »
28 December pencilled in. Will start building up familial goodwill...
Did you think of Boudicca's Revenge on the grounds the the Welly is bound to be open? Or do you just have mystical scrying powers that predict a howling southerly?

:thumbsup: I will start a new thread for this over in Audax.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12949 on: 04 December, 2018, 08:34:04 pm »
Back to The Curry: cash in small denominations for settling the Jalsa bill? I'd prefer cash for the beer  - three bottles of Bishop Nick will be £8.25.

Christmas Charitable Idea: I could take the usual Wednesday tenner and use the excess to put a contribution towards the Dunmow Round Table collection for the Food Bank, how about that?