Author Topic: Rainfall Records  (Read 413 times)

Rainfall Records
« on: 10 April, 2024, 12:45:53 pm »
Is there an online record of rainfall data?

Specifically I am trying to find the rainfall data for the 28th March at Virginia Water near Staines.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Rainfall Records
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2024, 12:57:34 pm »
There are two sites that I use - it's just a case of taking pot luck to see if anyone has a weather station there.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ISOUTH1318/graph/2023-02-1/2023-02-1/monthly

That's mine, in Southend. There's a map on the website somewhere.

https://www.pwsweather.com/station/pws/egham

That's not that far away...

Be aware, though, that there are quite a few people who unthinkingly record what their automatic rain gauge says when it's quite inaccurate.

Edit: it's very close to Heathrow. Doesn't the airport publish daily weather records? I'm damned sure they would be very accurate.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 10 April, 2024, 01:13:17 pm »
Thank you for the reply and I will have a look at those two sites.  You are right about Heathrow, I never thought of that  :facepalm:, they must know to the nearest millimetre how much falls every hour.  But whether they publish it remains to be seen, so this afternoon's quest...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3 on: 10 April, 2024, 01:20:25 pm »
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #4 on: 10 April, 2024, 03:15:06 pm »
Many thanks for your trouble Wow, that has resolved the problem!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 10 April, 2024, 03:15:14 pm »
Thank you for the reply and I will have a look at those two sites.  You are right about Heathrow, I never thought of that  :facepalm:, they must know to the nearest millimetre how much falls every hour.  But whether they publish it remains to be seen, so this afternoon's quest...

I think the UK Met Office publishes stats for Heathrow.