Author Topic: Nice Employer Cycling Policy Example  (Read 831 times)

Nice Employer Cycling Policy Example
« on: 19 September, 2013, 03:27:45 pm »
I'm sure Wessex Water have some bad aspects, but I was looking on the 'How to Find Us' section of their website today as my boss has a meeting there soon.  I printed him off the details of the Park and Ride.

I was rather pleased to see they have buses from Bath Central and the Park and Ride and said buses have bike racks on the back, so if you are a cyclist who can't face Claverton Hill, which is apparently a bit of a bugger, you can put your bike on the back.

They also invite even guests to use their secure cycle and motorcycle facilities, complete with showers.

LeFlic

• Retired and enjoying it!
    • Somer Valley Cycling Club
Re: Nice Employer Cycling Policy Example
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2013, 06:07:37 pm »
This is interesting as I have been meaning to write to Wessex Water and not got round to it.

I am frequently passed by Wessex Water vans on my commute - country lanes with blind bends and crests. I know that if I hear a vehicle hanging back and giving me room it will be a Wessex vehicle. Lots of the usual white van drivers pass me often too close and too fast but the Wessex vans standard of driving is very noticeably better.

I really should get round to writing that letter, if they were driving badly I would have written it months ago.

I don't know if they have cycle specific driver training or if lots of their drivers are cyclists but they must be doing something right.

I will now sit back and wait for deluge of reports where they have been bad and inconsiderate drivers!!