Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 149377 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #750 on: 03 February, 2023, 11:05:06 am »
I tried to feed a load of computer printout into a toilet, it sucked it all down (amazingly) but it was one of those US-style siphonic closets so the water then refilled, didn't stop rising, and went all over my slippers.

Donald Trump can probably identify with this.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #751 on: 13 April, 2023, 09:18:43 pm »
Someone had invented the 2p coin.  I was maintaining that it was a terrible idea because how would the person you want to exchange it with be able to tell whether you'd spent the first penny of it or not.

I think I've been suffering from a bad case of Computer Science.

« Reply #752 on: 14 April, 2023, 07:58:08 am »
That's easy ,nothing costs just a penny these days  :D
the slower you go the more you see

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #753 on: 25 April, 2023, 07:41:20 am »
I was riding through a village on a 150k when I saw an old chum, in his 80's now, outside his garage, doing things with cement and wooden formers.  He said he had an informal business making concrete slabs these days, and showed me a few he'd made earlier, heaving them around as if they were cardboard.  He seemed to think I might like to take one. I didn't.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #754 on: 25 April, 2023, 08:01:54 am »

T’other day in the car park, I picked up a 20p I saw lying there and handed it to mrs A cos she still likes to use money. It struck me that if it had been a lower value coin I’d have just left it there.

Anyway I just had a dream that it was a very windy day. Very windy. Over the fields, far away there was a giant oak tree, it had great thick, black branches with no leaves at all. As the wind blew, the branches started to move more an more, until they were flailing madly. At last, two huge branches broke off and went flying in the wind. Soon after the whole tree just fell apart and was blown away.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #755 on: 25 April, 2023, 10:58:11 am »
Last night I went on a series of holidays to some very nice places, Trouble was for some ill defined reason I could only stay in each one for a few hours or days before packing up and moving on.

Later on I went to meet someone at an address only given as flat 28C. Despite a long search I couldn't find it.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #756 on: 08 June, 2023, 11:13:48 am »
Walking around streets near my former office sans clothing...  ??? 
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #757 on: 08 June, 2023, 11:28:03 am »
Walking around streets near my former office sans clothing...  ???
I passed your story on to two cycleanalists. The first said "You are experiencing a sense of freedom, released from the duties of work. This is symbolised by being released from the bonds of clothing. At the same time, you are missing the company of your former wokmarts. You return to the location of your former orifice but now, no longer a mere drudge like them, you are proud to display your toned cyclist's body, knowing that they will be overawed by your muscly thighs, taut tendons and firm, manly jaw. They will beg you to return and become the new CEO, but you simply pedal into the sunset."

The second simply said "What a load of bollocks."
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #758 on: 23 June, 2023, 06:44:35 pm »
Ok, I think I need a divorce. Deanne told me of a dream she had last night.

We are sitting by the roadside. A campervan pulls up. The driver is Nicola Sturgeon. She offers us a lift, tells us to climb in the back, but under no circumstances are we to tell anyone what we see. In the back of the camper is Alex Salmond, trussed up and gagged. Through the gag he is trying to scream help me, help me......................

That's all she remembers - or so she's telling me  ::-)

WTF!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #759 on: 23 June, 2023, 10:08:45 pm »
That Nicola gone a bit rouge ;)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #760 on: 02 August, 2023, 10:30:49 am »
I've recently started on Mirtazapine as an antidepressant because the Sertraline wasnt doing anything useful.

On lower doses mirtazapine makes one drowsy said that GP - first day I slept 17 hours out if 24.

Anyway, on to last night.
I was helping out at a LEL control on the riverbank in Newark on Trent. My fellow volunteers were the usual suspects from my canal volunteering job. Riders couldn't find our table (that's all, just a table) because we hadn't put any signs out, because our cable ties were the wrong colour.
My granddaughter wanted to ride the rest of the event but didn't have a bike - so we were showing her how to ride a kick-scooter.

There was a lot more involving old family friends (who live in Newark) and their inability to buy butter due to the husband's poor wages, but I'm not sure how that relates to the maggot I pulled out of a scab on my scalp.

I'll keep taking the tablets to see what happens next.
Don't worry, I promise not to let you know!
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #761 on: 06 October, 2023, 07:41:49 pm »
I'd been tidying up round the house, it felt completely real. Then went to wash my hands at the sink. I could see the water flowing,but could not hear it running down the drain or feel it. I then thought 'you're dreaming, the last ten minutes has not been real'. Hmm, what shall I do now as I seem to have some control? I went and chatted with Mum, and we hugged (she died 15 years ago). I went further back in time to the front room of our family home where my younger sister was with a school friend 'Oh you're back she said' I kept trying to tell them I wasn't really there, but don't know if I succeeded because I opened my eyes at that point.

No stilton was consumed in the production of this dream, but I had forgotten to take my tablets the previous evening (epilepsy, blood pressure painkillers for hip. Oh and a non-prescription vitamin D supplement but I don't think that would have tipped the balance)

« Reply #762 on: 06 October, 2023, 07:46:51 pm »

T’other day in the car park, I picked up a 20p I saw lying there and handed it to mrs A cos she still likes to use money. It struck me that if it had been a lower value coin I’d have just left it there.

Anyway I just had a dream that it was a very windy day. Very windy. Over the fields, far away there was a giant oak tree, it had great thick, black branches with no leaves at all. As the wind blew, the branches started to move more an more, until they were flailing madly. At last, two huge branches broke off and went flying in the wind. Soon after the whole tree just fell apart and was blown away.

I get it now. It wasn’t an oak, it was a sycamore.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #763 on: 07 October, 2023, 10:41:15 am »
I'd been tidying up round the house, it felt completely real. Then went to wash my hands at the sink. I could see the water flowing,but could not hear it running down the drain or feel it. I then thought 'you're dreaming, the last ten minutes has not been real'. Hmm, what shall I do now as I seem to have some control? I went and chatted with Mum, and we hugged (she died 15 years ago). I went further back in time to the front room of our family home where my younger sister was with a school friend 'Oh you're back she said' I kept trying to tell them I wasn't really there, but don't know if I succeeded because I opened my eyes at that point.

No stilton was consumed in the production of this dream, but I had forgotten to take my tablets the previous evening (epilepsy, blood pressure painkillers for hip. Oh and a non-prescription vitamin D supplement but I don't think that would have tipped the balance)
This sounds rather good. Although in Ye Olden Dayes, we would have probably called it Seeing Ghosts, and maybe even burnt you for Witchcraft. But then you wouldn't have told us.

« Reply #764 on: 07 November, 2023, 11:16:28 am »
I was at a car showroom with the family, looking at cars and for some reason decided that an enormous BMW would be the ideal car for us. Had the usual pushy salesman, and worked though all the documents for car ownership, but just before the final signature realised that I had not seen the car's emission figures. So demanded to see them, took one look in horror and refused to sign. At which point I woke up in a cold sweat thankful for a lucky escape.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #765 on: 30 November, 2023, 05:39:06 pm »
I was on a plane, with a load of rowdy sportsball fans.  I explained to the cabin crew woman that I'd anticipated this problem and had brought a video recording of the in-ger-land match with which to passify them.  This was on a steel tape measure (a posh one, with an HDMI port).  Unfortunately, the flight was due to land before they got to the penalty shootout, so I was having to manually scroll through the tape to start the playback a few minutes into the match.  This was unwieldy, as you might expect.

« Reply #766 on: 11 December, 2023, 08:52:49 pm »
In my dream I dreamt I was asleep and dreaming. I dreamt in the dream I was dreaming, about all the bad shit that has happened lately in the world. You know the stuff. Then I dreamt that I woke up and found it was a dream and everything was all right and none of the bad things had happened. Then it seemed that I woke up and realised I had been dreaming about a dream but couldn’t believe that all the stuff was still going on so it wasn’t. Then suddenly I was in a kind of old factory from which I had to escape. There was this massive vehicle built out of gas pipe and steel plates painted yellow. I got it started with a large bang and used it to ram the factory gates which it did very easily and I found myself in some docks full of old navy boats. I seriously needed food and there were many people taking bits off the boats but they ignored me. I started to run from boat to boat but the more I ran the more boats appeared. Then they started to sink and I had to run faster. I don’t remember I got anything to eat or even if I woke up.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #767 on: 12 December, 2023, 08:57:30 am »
A meta dream. That's dreaming on a whole other level.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #768 on: 12 December, 2023, 09:27:35 am »
I've had a few of these, well confusing when waking up. Not sure if you are awake or if it was a dream within a dream or real etc. Worst is when these two dreams "talks" to eachother. You really have to sit and ground yourself, yes that's my wife and dog next to me and they are rational things at that time of night.

I totally understand why some people ends up walking around the house doing things that's impossible to explain.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Bluebottle

• Everybody's gotta be somewhere
« Reply #769 on: 16 December, 2023, 03:37:21 pm »
Woke up this morning from a particularly vivid dream about the Gram-Schmidt process. I am not a mathematician...
Dieu, je vous soupçonne d'être un intellectuel de gauche.

FGG #5465

« Reply #770 on: 16 December, 2023, 05:23:10 pm »
Very complex dream last night. The only bit I can remember is that a git repository got out of the server and I had to find it.

I eventually found it; in the form of a Walrus, lying on a frozen lake. I then had a long conversation with the git repository/walrus, trying to persuade it to come back to the server. It was depressed and really didn't want to do that, preferred the lake.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #771 on: 16 December, 2023, 08:16:38 pm »
Delete the walrus and clone a new one.  It's the only way to be sure.

« Reply #772 on: 16 December, 2023, 09:10:30 pm »
Delete the walrus and clone a new one.  It's the only way to be sure.
This was the origin walrus repository.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #773 on: 07 January, 2024, 03:15:31 pm »
It was some sort of undefined holiday occasion and I was in a big house with various cousins and the children of my mum's lifelong best friend, but they were all at various stages of childhood whereas I seemed to be approximately my real age. And there was a washing machine, which seemed to be connected with the presence of my mum's friend, that had been produced in a special edition to get people to vote against Brexit. The programme at the top of the dial was "Vote In", in bold font. The machine leaked and flooded the house.

« Reply #774 on: 13 January, 2024, 07:13:43 am »
Last night I dreamt was working at Halfords and wa still layer out mostly as was around 2001 when I worked there. There was hangers above both doors for display bikes and I got asked to go and get a his and hers daewoo bike to go on them

When I went to look there was a selection of different bikes including a recumbent for around £500