Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Heating on?
« Last post by FifeingEejit on Today at 01:31:12 pm »
I just leave it up to the Thermostat.
the bill for April gas is 50 quid less than March.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

The Pub / Re: Confessions of a tool junkie
« Last post by TimO on Today at 01:25:35 pm »

I just got some Knipex TwinGrip Slip Joint Pliers.

Like all Knipex tools, very nicely made, and comfortable to hold. They've got a quite unusual set of jaws, aside from the ends, for those really hard to get to fittings, the more normal gripping location is very uniquely shaped, presumably to allow it to grip a wide variety of different sized heads, and to allow for when the jaw is opened up to its widest setting.
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 01:16:42 pm »
It increases the depth of the floor, which may imoact on doors etc. and if wet needs to be installed very well to prevent leaks.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:11:03 pm »
Essex lost a second wicket - Dean Elgar - just before lunch, for 46. Shame. But now they could do with a long partnership this afternoon to reduce the deficit. Still 261 behind.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 01:04:16 pm »
Do That To Me One More Time - Captain & Tennille
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 12:55:44 pm »
Electric or wet?  Electric is cheap to install, although not DIY for Part P reasons, and expensive to run.  If you're not there for long, it's probably your best option.

I've bought tiles for my bathroom job, and have only just realised how terribly cold they are going to be, even upstairs.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:55:43 pm »
Wordle 1,043 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 12:55:35 pm »
Hey Garland, I Dig Your Tweed Coat - Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band
OT Knowledge / Re: Soil pipe joint
« Last post by robgul on Today at 12:49:51 pm »
Having done quite a bit of soil pipe plumbing/re-using I'd be reasonably confident in re-using the T as is - there are lots of makes and even finding a replacement seal would be difficult - and fitting into the slot in the T even more of a challenge.

I'd work on the basis of your new pipe being long enough to go right up to the hilt in the T - AND make sure to put a nice smooth chamfer on the end of the new pipe to slide easily past the rubber seal - washing up liquid works pretty well if you don't have the silicone (or other  ;D) lube.     If there is any leakage there are quite a few good sealants for the T fitting.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Peter on Today at 12:48:07 pm »
Who's touring this season?  I need to get some money on them: so far, England's central contract batsmen have scored almost nothing (or less) and most of the bowlers haven't even turned their arms over.

Thumping win for Essex over weak opponents and a great one for Durham over Worcestershire with a day to spare.  Shame to see Brett D'Oliveira, Worcestershire capt and grandson of Basil, get a pair, including a first-baller.  Been even more of a shame to see him get runs, though!

YACF has influence!  Since I posted that, Root, Brook, Duckett and Bairstow have scored centuries.  Still no sign of Hartley, Anderson, Robinson or Wood, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10