Author Topic: RAD Bike Adventures - cool chix touring with a great Youtube channel  (Read 1889 times)

Nick H.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: RAD Bike Adventures - cool chix touring with a great Youtube channel
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2020, 06:34:54 pm »

It's 2020. Chix?!? Seriously.

Awesome women doing amazing things with bikes.

See, I fixed that for you.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2020, 07:12:55 pm »
Interesting, informative and picturesque video, though I'm not personally a fan of the extended-selfie shots which are popular nowadays. I want to see the place, not the tourists!

I've heard good things about cycling in Taiwan from other sources too. And I once met some tralier-towing Taiwanese tourists on the Bristol-Bath path; I got talking to them because I didn't recognize their flag. It's quite a good flag as well as being bizarrely similar to the flag of Samoa.

Somewhere I might still have the WWOOFing catalogue I picked up in New Zealand many many years ago. So many years ago that it stood for Willing Workers On Organic Farms back then. I don't think I ever actually did any WWOOFing though. Mildly surprised to find it's still going.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Nick H.

« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2020, 08:14:00 am »

It's 2020. Chix?!? Seriously.

Awesome women doing amazing things with bikes.

See, I fixed that for you.

J

I knew that would hook you. Fish in a barrel.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #4 on: 18 September, 2020, 08:47:23 am »
Turns out RAD is their initials, Ryan and Darin, which is a lot better than just calling yourself "rad". Disappointing they haven't pursued the German pun potential. Das Rad ist rad mit RADBikeAdventure.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 18 September, 2020, 12:09:51 pm »
Turns out RAD is their initials, Ryan and Darin, which is a lot better than just calling yourself "rad". Disappointing they haven't pursued the German pun potential. Das Rad ist rad mit RADBikeAdventure.

Oh, I had assumed it was about the German for bike, used slightly weirdly. Interesting.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #6 on: 18 September, 2020, 03:48:01 pm »
I'd assumed it was just the kind of rad that gets followed by "dude!" or similar. Although, despite their exclamations and superlatives, they don't look quite the types to use "rad!". I didn't gather which one is Ryan and which is Darin – both names I'd think of as male, but then names do change in their application. (In fact I was trying to remember someone's name this morning and it was Ryan – a male one.)

Nick H.

« Reply #7 on: 24 September, 2020, 01:16:04 pm »
In one of their videos one of them observes that they both have guy's names! They're such lovely people. They almost restore my faith in humanity.