Author Topic: The wind...  (Read 31665 times)

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
Re: The wind...
« Reply #450 on: 02 February, 2024, 09:12:37 am »
It’s in their back garden, it’s down & when I checked the trunk it was like a sponge in the centre. The council will have no interest.

That's likely to be easier to prove now, than sometime in the future. I'd photo/document it at least.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

« Reply #451 on: 02 February, 2024, 09:36:07 am »
YACF stands witness!
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #452 on: 02 February, 2024, 01:31:06 pm »
An ordinary cherry tree in the back garden of a 1960’s detached in Huyton.  Definitely not a conservation area…..
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #453 on: 02 February, 2024, 01:50:17 pm »
An ordinary cherry tree in the back garden of a 1960’s detached in Huyton.  Definitely not a conservation area…..

In this context conservation area is a planning term about maintaining the nature of the built environment, not an ecological one. Check here https://localplanmaps.knowsley.gov.uk/ for the local authority map of the conservation areas. The issue is that a lot of conservation areas have blanket tree preservation orders.

« Reply #454 on: 02 February, 2024, 03:07:11 pm »
Bugger!

We have roof leaks.

The symptoms are:

Leaking from above window frame in two rooms.
Water running down light in hallway, just behind front door.

Chances are, this is the weatherboarding on the gable, which runs nearly the length of the house.
I have some sealant, but it will be a bugger to apply. The roof pitch is too steep to walk on, and I can't even use roofing ladders to access this bit.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #455 on: 02 February, 2024, 07:40:21 pm »
Was staying near Brae, Shetland the last few days.
Force 10

That is all.

« Reply #456 on: 05 February, 2024, 09:16:02 am »
Not a 10 in York but the met office forecast seems understated,  5 gusting 7. The forest of large trees across the road have been waving around like wheat in a field.
Move Faster and Bake Things

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #457 on: 05 February, 2024, 09:35:37 am »
that is one reference that was not available in Shetland, the only surviving trees live in shelter

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

« Reply #458 on: 06 February, 2024, 04:49:59 am »
Blowing a gale here in darkest North Herts. The wind OUTSIDE woke me up. First world problem but am fretting whether to cycle outside or Wattbike .