Author Topic: The Hill Climb thread  (Read 9157 times)

Re: The Hill Climb thread
« Reply #50 on: 22 April, 2020, 07:35:17 pm »

what matters is that you give it your best effort. as for placing 53rd vs 46th - no one really cares; so the length of the climb is mostly irrelevant ;)

That's very De Coubertin, but actually I do care and I'd rather kick some butt, rather than being kicked, at least in my age group...  ;D

As far as I’m aware there are ( except youngsters) only two groups, Senior and Vet (40+) in the Nationals

S2L

« Reply #51 on: 23 April, 2020, 06:27:54 am »

what matters is that you give it your best effort. as for placing 53rd vs 46th - no one really cares; so the length of the climb is mostly irrelevant ;)

That's very De Coubertin, but actually I do care and I'd rather kick some butt, rather than being kicked, at least in my age group...  ;D

As far as I’m aware there are ( except youngsters) only two groups, Senior and Vet (40+) in the Nationals

Medals are awarded by age group 40-44. 45-49, 50-54 and so on... must be a relatively new thing, but it's clear on the CTT website and confirmed by the organiser...

Not that I have medal ambitions...

« Reply #52 on: 23 April, 2020, 09:12:43 am »

Medals are awarded by age group 40-44. 45-49, 50-54 and so on... must be a relatively new thing, but it's clear on the CTT website and confirmed by the organiser...

Not that I have medal ambitions...

I stand corrected. I think it must be fairly new.

S2L

« Reply #53 on: 23 April, 2020, 09:16:52 am »
It's a nice touch, otherwise once you are past your best years, you are just there to make up the numbers, which is a bit sad and demotivating...

« Reply #54 on: 03 August, 2020, 09:03:42 pm »
I’ve discovered that the age related part was being organised by BMCR ( British Masters Cycle Racing), - ex LVRC, in collaboration with CTT

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #55 on: 17 September, 2020, 08:54:42 pm »
I rode my local club hill climb (Holybourne) at the weekend.  There were two of us in the V50+ category, one posted 4:47:5, the other posted 4:47:0.  I will console myself that I climbed Holybourne in under 5 minutes.  Some bloke called Feather won it in 3:21.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

Geriatricdolan

« Reply #56 on: 18 September, 2020, 06:38:18 am »
I rode my local club hill climb (Holybourne) at the weekend.  There were two of us in the V50+ category, one posted 4:47:5, the other posted 4:47:0.  I will console myself that I climbed Holybourne in under 5 minutes.  Some bloke called Feather won it in 3:21.

Well done, it's a pretty good time!
Andrew Feather won the National in 2018 and IMO is hot favourite to win this year too, given the course. I am racing "against him" tomorrow in a double header in the Cotswolds.
Not that anyone will ever notice I was "racing him"...  ;D

In which other sport you can pay a tenner to race with the best of the best?  :)