Author Topic: Damon’s funeral  (Read 1777 times)

Damon’s funeral
« on: 02 July, 2021, 09:20:40 am »
Damon’s funeral service will be on Tuesday 1.30pm 6th July 2021 at Much Hoole Woodland Burial Ground PR4 4TD, followed by burial within the grounds beneath an oak tree.  The service will be at the Chapel within the Burial Ground, where space is limited due to Covid, so it will also be livestreamed on https://www.funeralstreaming.co.uk/viewing-room/12606/    This is easily accessible either live or after, no passwords or anything to sign up to.
The gathering afterwards is at 3.30pm at the Ley Inn, Clayton-le-Woods PR6 7EU.  Please come along to meet family & friends and share stories. 
It will be useful to know numbers for both, so if you contact me on HeatherSwiftPersonal@outlook.com  or text 07907 864014 I’d be grateful.
It’s family flowers only, however donations much appreciated to MIND and CALM charities, or sponsor a tree at The Woodland Trust.
There’s no dress code – wear whatever feels comfortable, especially if it’s something that Damon would recognise you in.
We want this occasion to very much be about remembering and celebrating the life he lived, the friends he made, and the things he achieved as a hedge-layer, tree-planter, cyclist, skier, walker, quizzer and video-maker. 

Re: Damon’s funeral
« Reply #1 on: 04 July, 2021, 08:10:43 am »
I can’t be there but best wishes to Heather. I have fond memories of volunteering at Brampton at LEL and of meeting Damon on his motorbike.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #2 on: 06 July, 2021, 03:14:47 pm »
That was a very sad occasion.  And beautifully done.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 06 July, 2021, 03:22:00 pm »
Yes, to both statements.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #4 on: 06 July, 2021, 09:11:00 pm »
The choice of opening music, "Peace In The Valley" was inspired and struck a particular chord with me.  I was in hospital recovering from a cartilage operation when Rosetta Tharpe sang on the "Soul Train" platform at a disused railway station near Chorlton, which performance was part of the television broadcast.  I've never forgotten the impact she made.  A perfect choice for a Lancastrian, like Damon - he would have been about 6 at the time.  There will be peace in the valley for you, Damon.

Peter

« Reply #5 on: 12 July, 2021, 05:52:00 pm »
Just watched the online service.  Really wish I'd known more of Damon's rich history when we met on rides - there would have been so much to learn from him.

A really touching service.  Well done Heather and all for organising this in such difficult circumstances.
The sound of one pannier flapping