Author Topic: ACME Winter Brevet Populaire Series  (Read 71903 times)

Re: ACME Winter Brevet Populaire Series
« Reply #375 on: 26 October, 2020, 08:48:30 am »
I'm not seeing any events beyond the 5th December in the AUK calendar currently. I suspect the additional checks re Covid-19 procedures are holding back the publication of events.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass
« Reply #376 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:58:09 am »
The Oyster is in Event Planner. If you increase your days ahead search to 250 it shows events in March but nothing in between

« Reply #377 on: 26 October, 2020, 11:31:33 am »
The Oyster will almost certainly appear on the calendar but with a likely limit of 30 riders, there does not seem to be too much of a hurry to open up for entries.  The delay also provides an opportunity to see where we are likely to be with tiered restrictions by then...
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #378 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:21:56 pm »
Is the 3R still running or not?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #379 on: 03 November, 2020, 06:51:57 pm »
I intend to send out an email to all entrants this evening with respective start times, files, etc., in the full expectation of calendar rides being cancelled for at least the rest of November.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #380 on: 04 November, 2020, 07:48:39 am »
I intend to send out an email to all entrants this evening with respective start times, files, etc., in the full expectation of calendar rides being cancelled for at least the rest of November.

You have my sympathy Huggy. A prompt decision by The Powers That Be would be helpful. I'm getting enquiries about permanent validation after tomorrow, as well as for the Stansted Airport Express 100km on 5th December ...

« Reply #381 on: 04 November, 2020, 08:02:29 am »

You have my sympathy Huggy. A prompt decision by The Powers That Be would be helpful. I'm getting enquiries about permanent validation after tomorrow, as well as for the Stansted Airport Express 100km on 5th December ...
I’m guessing they’re waiting to see how the MP’s vote today, before making an announcement.
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #382 on: 04 November, 2020, 08:14:10 am »

I’m guessing they’re waiting to see how the MP’s vote today, before making an announcement.

That's my thinking too ... but a holding statement to let everybody know would be normal good practice. Avoids a whole heap of angst ... especially for organisers.

« Reply #383 on: 04 November, 2020, 08:23:19 am »
Based on past performance, I was halfway around a Perm when AUK decided to let people know, via the website, that events were cancelled and the previous 12 hours they had sent an email saying they could continue.

The whole communications have been lacking from the official body, for the whole duration of the pandemic.

I hope they allow solo DIYs to continue as, when speaking to others, it is viable and would provide motivation for many.

If there is another suspension of events, that could mean another 5 months to start an RRtY

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #384 on: 05 November, 2020, 01:35:33 pm »
...in the full expectation of calendar rides being cancelled for at least the rest of November.
Not the most difficult prediction to make - the Essex 3R's 100km event on 7th November is duly cancelled.
Full AUK Board announcement available to read here.

Now taking enquiries about the perm versions of the 3R's (A Little Essex R&R when ridden in the opposite direction) and the Essex R&R 200km
Essex 3Rs 100km - https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=8874
Essex R&R 200km - https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=7445
Be aware that only 2 rides of each perm on any given day are permitted so please 'book' your ride date with me before committing to riding.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #385 on: 05 November, 2020, 05:44:23 pm »
Think I might ride round the Oyster route on Saturday. There are some good picnic spots for lunch along the coast, which will make a nice change from the garage forecourt last Sunday.

« Reply #386 on: 06 November, 2020, 02:19:56 pm »
Think I might ride round the Oyster route on Saturday. There are some good picnic spots for lunch along the coast, which will make a nice change from the garage forecourt last Sunday.

Shall set off around the route backwards :-) maybe see you on the way?
Zijn specialiteit was sprinten om de zesde plaats

« Reply #387 on: 06 November, 2020, 03:35:20 pm »

In future weeks I will try to align on others' planned routes, especially given that I wont be traveling afar during lockdown, but this weekend I've already planned to ride on Sunday instead of the Saturday, once I knew 3Rs was looking unlikely.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #388 on: 06 November, 2020, 03:43:28 pm »

Impressive circus skillz  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #389 on: 06 November, 2020, 06:25:01 pm »

Impressive circus skillz  :thumbsup:
Guessing Despuech will be riding fixed to be cycling backwards, Tomsk will approve!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #390 on: 06 November, 2020, 07:16:56 pm »

Change of plan - Deniece says she may be up for a ride round the Oyster on Sunday 15th, thus I'll be continuing in my role as Kindly Uncle/Audax Husband.

I'll do a 200km permanent tomorrow, Boudicca probably, then that's my November RRtY ride done.

« Reply #391 on: 06 November, 2020, 09:17:00 pm »
If doing Boudiccas revenge what’s your rough timing through Buntingford?  I suspect you’ll be passing earlier than I’ll be out that way but I’m heading east then north tomorrow morning.

« Reply #392 on: 06 November, 2020, 09:40:34 pm »
If doing Boudiccas revenge what’s your rough timing through Buntingford?  I suspect you’ll be passing earlier than I’ll be out that way but I’m heading east then north tomorrow morning.
The A507 to Bunt?
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #393 on: 06 November, 2020, 09:51:28 pm »
The A507 to Bunt?

Nah probably via Westmill

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #394 on: 08 November, 2020, 05:42:05 pm »
Any more ACME member wanting a pre-entry to the Stansted Airport Express? In theory online entries open up to all at midnight tonight. Please email me with a request and you'll get on the list ahead of the rush.

If anyone is wondering whether it will actually happen on 5th December - please don't bombard me with questions, I am even more clueless about the progress of the pandemic situation than the government. Ok, I've had a few perfectly reasonable enquiries!

rob

« Reply #395 on: 08 November, 2020, 07:36:57 pm »
Any more ACME member wanting a pre-entry to the Stansted Airport Express? In theory online entries open up to all at midnight tonight. Please email me with a request and you'll get on the list ahead of the rush.

If anyone is wondering whether it will actually happen on 5th December - please don't bombard me with questions, I am even more clueless about the progress of the pandemic situation than the government. Ok, I've had a few perfectly reasonable enquiries!

If you’re on the pre entry list do you still enter on line or should I drop an entry and payment round at some point ?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #396 on: 08 November, 2020, 07:51:42 pm »
If you’re on the pre entry list do you still enter on line or should I drop an entry and payment round at some point ?

Pre-entries are on the start sheet already and I'll collect payment at the start: cash or cheque in a sealed envelope, with a paper entry form, which of course will be needed for insurance purposes. I'll be contacting pre-entered riders separately from the online entrants.

rob

« Reply #397 on: 08 November, 2020, 08:01:45 pm »

Pre-entries are on the start sheet already and I'll collect payment at the start: cash or cheque in a sealed envelope, with a paper entry form, which of course will be needed for insurance purposes. I'll be contacting pre-entered riders separately from the online entrants.

Thank you

« Reply #398 on: 09 November, 2020, 12:34:21 pm »
The Kelvedon Oyster is now available as a Perm  :thumbsup:

Hopefully, GPS validation will be an option very shortly.

Edit:  validation by GPS now available
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass
« Reply #399 on: 09 November, 2020, 07:04:28 pm »
The Kelvedon Oyster is now available as a Perm  :thumbsup:

Hopefully, GPS validation will be an option very shortly.

Edit:  validation by GPS now available

Thanks! bagged an entry for the week before the calendar event; shiny awaits!  8)