Author Topic: Wahoo Elemnt BOLT  (Read 77876 times)

Re: Wahoo Elemnt BOLT
« Reply #200 on: 04 March, 2020, 07:13:42 am »
The Bolt has £15 off at the moment. £185.00 :thumbsup:

« Reply #201 on: 19 March, 2020, 01:25:34 pm »
First world problem but is anyone else finding that their Elemnt is not uploading to Strava?

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #202 on: 19 March, 2020, 01:52:09 pm »
This happens occasionally. The usual fix is to de-authorise the Strava connection in the Wahoo app on your phone, then re-authorise it.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #203 on: 19 March, 2020, 08:33:38 pm »
Thanks. I thought I had already done that, but I realise see now that all I was doing was unchecking and rechecking the box in Automatic Uploads in Settings. I needed to go a step further and deauthorise / reauthorise Strava from the app list. Cheers for the nudge to refresh my memory.

Edited to add:

Actually no. It hasn’t worked. Even though I can on the device that it is synching Strava. Any other suggestions?

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #204 on: 19 March, 2020, 08:55:21 pm »
On the ride in the Element app, click the three dots then Resync ride ?
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #205 on: 20 March, 2020, 08:02:01 am »
It's working now. I just repeated the process of reauthorisation and this time it stuck.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #206 on: 05 April, 2020, 11:09:33 am »
Noticed an odd/annoying "feature" yesterday. I loaded a road but as I set off I was too busy checking that the brakes were connected (see Diverry passim), I was clipped in and had shoes on the right feet that I forgot to start the ride. Directions came up OK so I continued and only after a few miles realised that the distance wasn't showing, although speed was.

So it will give directions even if the ride hasn't started.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #207 on: 03 August, 2020, 04:33:39 pm »

Fun bug...

Last Tuesday my wahoo decided to stop syncing via wifi. It also seemed to be unable to connect to bluetooth. I tried lots of things, even went so far as to file a support ticket with wahoo.

Today I thought I'd give it one more go. Well the wifi thing didn't work cos it had decided to forget all the wifi networks it knew about. It did however pair to my phone properly today. Have updated the firmware to the latest version, and taken the opportunity to update all the maps. Then realised I should probably do that to both devices as I have two bolts. Which takes a while...

The not being able to connect to my phone thing and forgetting all the wifi has made me kinda trust it just a little bit less. I hope it's a short lived bug and doesn't happen again. But now I have to teach it all the wifi networks it used to know...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #208 on: 03 August, 2020, 06:53:07 pm »
Mine was doing something similar a few weeks ago. Did various things like reinstalling phone app, relinking to phone and seems ok now.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #209 on: 25 May, 2021, 02:46:15 pm »
the new version looks like a small improvement once/if the software is fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IHDyiPK7Q

« Reply #210 on: 25 May, 2021, 02:53:03 pm »
Yes, when DCRainmaker says it's 'totally unusable' you know Wahoo have got their work cut out ... As a long time Bolt user, I'm not surprised. I'd buy this in a heartbeat, if only for the better screen and colours, except that Wahoo continue to royally screw up their software, always breaking two more things when they fix one. My Bolt no longer syncs with the app,  and no longer uploads rides to Strava etc - I have to do it all manually. This has been going on a couple of years, there are hundreds complaining about it on the Bolt forum, I logged it again with Wahoo a couple of weeks ago, they said they are 'working on a fix'. I'll hang back and see what updates DCR reports.

« Reply #211 on: 25 May, 2021, 04:42:49 pm »
He doesn't mention 2 of the most important things in a cycle computer, for me anyway - price and battery life (maybe he couldn't keep it running long enough without crashing to determine the battery life).

I'll buy this when the problems are fixed if the price and battery life are decent.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #212 on: 25 May, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »
£250 and 15 hours ...

« Reply #213 on: 25 May, 2021, 04:50:52 pm »

« Reply #214 on: 25 May, 2021, 04:58:13 pm »
Yes, when DCRainmaker says it's 'completely unusable' you know Wahoo have got their work cut out ... As a long time Bolt user, I'm not surprised. I'd buy this in a heartbeat, if only for the better screen and colours, except that Wahoo continue to royally screw up their software, always breaking two more things when they fix one. My Bolt no longer syncs with the app,  and no longer uploads rides to Strava etc - I have to do it all manually. This has been going on a couple of years, there are hundreds complaining about it on the Bolt forum, I logged it again with Wahoo a couple of weeks ago, they said they are 'working on a fix'. I'll hang back and see what updates DCR reports.
Is there a bike GPS with similar functions that doesn't have issues?  Garmin certainly do

« Reply #215 on: 25 May, 2021, 05:34:13 pm »
Whilst my hammerhead was a disaster and behaved exactly as this new Bolt, I have heard good things about the new hammerhead. The screen is just superb, it now has a beeper and as it is running Android side loading is possible.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #216 on: 25 May, 2021, 09:41:22 pm »

I love that the cause of the bug is too much cycle infrastructure...

https://twitter.com/tuttifrutti163/status/1397248570122641409

Hahaha so a device for navigating on a bike can't handle places which are built for navigating on a bike 

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #217 on: 25 May, 2021, 09:53:47 pm »
Amsterdam, eh?

That explains why he rides around with 3 GPS units on his bars and a wristful of GPS watches.  Too stoned to find his way back.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #218 on: 25 May, 2021, 10:02:51 pm »
Other than the temperature sensor failing on PBP and the occasional regression in the firmware, I've never really had any of the issues I hear people sating they have on wahoo.

My garmin edge 510s were however fairly disastrous and my fenix2 never lived up to its billing.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #219 on: 25 May, 2021, 10:03:49 pm »
As for the Amsterdam thing that would suggest it can't cope with the mapping, but  presumably the element roam copes?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #220 on: 26 May, 2021, 11:21:18 am »
recent cycling garmins are issue free, they have small annoying things to get used to, but work reliably, have superb battery life (530, 830) and a decent app to sync with.

having said that, this v2 bolt is the first unit from wahoo that looks appealing (to me), it would need to work flawlessly though.

« Reply #221 on: 26 May, 2021, 11:24:25 am »
Basic issue with Garmins is that I just can't hear them - the Wahoo is excellent in that respect.

« Reply #222 on: 26 May, 2021, 01:51:28 pm »
The irony is the Garmin Varia is apparently a lot louder when paired to a Wahoo Elemnt that with a Garmin head unit.

« Reply #223 on: 26 May, 2021, 01:58:01 pm »
As a recent purchaser of a Varia, I can only agree - it's brilliant to hear the alarm without needing to be looking at a screen all the time. Likewise with turn by turn. Couldn't believe how quiet the Garmin I tried were - it's a basic, surely, to have a sound that can be heard at 20mph over wind and road noise? As for the first Karoo that had no sound facility at all ...

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #224 on: 26 May, 2021, 03:20:44 pm »
beep volume should be automatically adjusted depending on speed, ideally. i can hear garmins fine at usual traveling speeds, but missed a few turns when descending at 50kph+, not a big deal for me as this happens v.rarely. i've tried using it mounted on a stem and found it too loud (due to sound reflection?), so prefer to use it on the out-front mounts which allow sound waves to travel down, away from my head/ears and looks a bit neater too.