Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576361 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #425 on: 19 July, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »
Foxit Reader!  Would you kindly display the PDF I have asked you to display at least four times?  Rather than whatever happened to be visible on the monitor before I bunged you in the foreground.

kthxbai
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #426 on: 19 July, 2011, 07:26:50 pm »
Lurg, bog off, I would like my brain  to work again plz, I have a work and BiCon TODO which was scaring me before I got ill, I can at least do BiCon without much except for a brain...  Meh.

« Reply #427 on: 19 July, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
Silly gym equipment company.

So I called them Sunday and got my delivery changed to my work address, was told they have to do some security checks (as not my billing address) which could take up to 48 hours but they'd call if any problems.

Hadn't heard anything so sat in the work car park till 6pm today as that's when their courier delivers until. Got home to find a snail mail letter asking me to post or fax a copy of either my passport, drivers licence or bank card, if they'd said that on Sunday I could have sorted it Monday!! Grarg!

Faxing it off tomorrow, not a lot of chance of getting the stuff this week now. I'm just hoping it doesn't run into the week after next as I'm off Mon-Wed and if they try and deliver and no one's there I get charged shipment in both directions, which for 150kg of stuff I'd imagine would be expensive. Turning into a right pain.

Grumble grump mutter  :demon:
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #428 on: 19 July, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »
It's 'guest week' over at Questionable Content. :-X

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #429 on: 19 July, 2011, 09:41:12 pm »

Yep :-X

« Reply #430 on: 19 July, 2011, 09:44:02 pm »

Yep :-X

+1

They have been a bit meh so far this week. Could do with a Yelling Bird strip to liven things up.  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #431 on: 19 July, 2011, 09:59:10 pm »
9 quid for additional Garmin Edge brackets (you can't easily remove them after fitted). That's taking the michael a bit, surely? (Grumble, and 3 ordered)

« Reply #432 on: 20 July, 2011, 09:21:55 am »
I had to pay £4 for a tiny retaining hook thingie to keep my Carradice pannier from flapping about. I reckon Mr Li is churning them out for 0.01p in his workshop.

Still, it did serve as a reminder to ensure the screws are now tightened on my others!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #433 on: 20 July, 2011, 10:56:58 am »
What the fuck do you mean with that e-mail it is not english and do not make sense ???

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #434 on: 20 July, 2011, 03:07:46 pm »
Would whatever it is that is chewing holes in my socks please just stop it.  They don't grow on trees you know.

I believe you are correct; moths don't grow on trees...

« Reply #435 on: 20 July, 2011, 09:21:37 pm »
Skegness.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #436 on: 20 July, 2011, 09:22:56 pm »
Skegness.
Nuke it from high orbit, it's the only way to be sure (even SWMBO's parents think so, and they've lived in Lincolnshire all their respective lives)

« Reply #437 on: 20 July, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »
Skegness.
Nuke it from high orbit, it's the only way to be sure (even SWMBO's parents think so, and they've lived in Lincolnshire all their respective lives)

Given how many people have tried - and failed - to set the sodding place on fire, this does seem to be the next logical approach.

I hear people round here like playing with various fuels. Anyone fancy molishing a rocket?

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #438 on: 21 July, 2011, 06:40:24 am »
Dog! No not you, the black fluffy gormless one I mean the small, muscular, belligerent but butter wouldn't melt one.....stop nicking my cycling socks and buggering off with them.  I don't need it when I'm getting ready for work.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #439 on: 21 July, 2011, 10:41:47 am »
Symantec Endpoint Protection, why in the name of the Almighty Gin Puffin can you not do your anti-virus shit in the middle of the night?  Especially now that the Thought Police seem to have abandoned their attempt to save the polar bears by shutting down our Babbage-Engines every evening.  Just fuck off and leave my CPU alone, m'kay.

« Reply #440 on: 21 July, 2011, 11:04:38 am »
Open BASH shell:

PS -a

Kill - 9 task number id from PS

Oh, your using windows  :facepalm: I thought you were in IT support.  :demon:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #441 on: 21 July, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »
Yes, I support a real operating system ;D

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #442 on: 21 July, 2011, 03:10:09 pm »
Arm warmers? I don't think we've got any ... we don't tend to stock winter stuff at this time of year.

This from a shop in Oxfordshire - not the South of France ...   :facepalm:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #443 on: 22 July, 2011, 03:18:20 am »
This place is bloody evil. Bicycles are just the gateway drug. You hang around all innocent-like reading about insane bicycle rides and puncture repairs and CAKE, and then discover the phototalk forum... where you can graduate to the hard drugs of DSLRs and lenses that you have to sell BOTH your kidneys to be able to afford.

I was happy with my Canon S2IS. I really was. Okay, the zoom isn't great for shots of birds (or their behinds in my case, because the feathered bastards love mocking me), but everything else pleases me greatly. And now I'm eyeing up Canon's DSLR range and feeling like I'm cheating on my S2IS while my wallet is making horrified wheezing noises and trying to hide itself beneath the fridge.

essexian

« Reply #444 on: 22 July, 2011, 08:29:15 am »
Virgin Trains and who ever owns the track now days.....

Three times in the last month when trying to get home from that London I have been delayed and missed my bus (yes yes, I could cycle home but but but...)

First time....kids on the line (the general consensus was that was not a good reason to slow down)

Second time.... dead person on the line (why didn't they kill themsleves elsewhere!)

Third time (last night)....Animals on the line near Rugeley (Ah...little loves, best be careful)

Would it be possible to please purchase some new fencing. Its not expensive if you buy it in bulk and will certainly stop me being latehome and missing the chip shop which closes at 10pm.

Many thanks

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #445 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:37:45 am »
Our local village shop and post office is up for sale because the owners want to retire.  Although it's well-patronised and profitable, I bet it closes  :(  Their chances of finding someone with the money to buy it who also wants to work 7 days a week are limited, I think.

Oh well, I wanted to retire to Saxmundham anyway, where they have lots of shops.  And a Waitrose.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #446 on: 22 July, 2011, 11:29:58 am »
Bah.
Wife and stepkids taking off for weekend, to visit big brother. I'm staying behind, because it is weekend daughter is with me.

Except that tonight she's staying at her boyfriend's, and tomorrow she's dogsitting for a friend.

That would be ok if I'd known plenty in advance; I've been wanting an evening and day to myself to do a long solo ride.

But you didn't tell me until last night, so I'm knackered, busy and really not in the mood for a long bike ride. I think I'll sit at home, watch mindless action movies and drink beer instead.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #447 on: 22 July, 2011, 11:40:46 am »
But you didn't tell me until last night, so I'm knackered, busy and really not in the mood for a long bike ride. I think I'll sit at home, watch mindless action movies and drink beer instead.
I'm thinking of heading up to Dalby tomorrow if you fancy a bit of light off-road mayhem1 ... I'm not going for mega distances, just something a bit different.

Meanwhile, back in the grumble stakes: SWMBO - grow the fuck up. Seriously. When you feel you can talk to me without putting words into my mouth or misinterpreting what I say (either by accident or design) you know where I am. Until then, just don't bother.

1 - where 'light off-road' means a loop of the blue and green trails and maybe a thrash round the fire roads.

« Reply #448 on: 22 July, 2011, 11:50:05 am »
Thanks for the offer. The codicil to the complications is that I need to stay around York for the weekend to be 'Dad's Taxi'.

There is a very outside chance MsCharly might decide she fancies a bike ride, in which case we may head out for a day together on Sun. She needs to get some miles in her legs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #449 on: 22 July, 2011, 01:43:07 pm »
Mr Tesco delivery man, plz don't be bitching at me for ordering my delivery not in plastic bags. I don't need to you educate me on the optimal way of you offloading my shopping as rapidly as possible. I didn't randomly select that option by accident. I know you can take the 100 carrier bags that it would take for me to carry the shopping the 12 feet from my hall into my kitchen away again for recycling, but that doesn't have zero impact on the environment you know.