Author Topic: What was the last film you watched?  (Read 951105 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Reply #4925 on: 02 March, 2015, 08:20:44 am »
Keanu Reeves ...
Retired hitman is brought back into action after the Russian mob steals his car and kills his puppy.

Well, you've sold it to me.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4926 on: 02 March, 2015, 01:28:29 pm »
The Equalizer (sic)

Preposterous action movie but filmed in Boston. It was quite a lot of fun and I really liked the Nighthawks Hopper homage.

Waiting for the string of sequels, although I think Robert might need a new job.
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

« Reply #4927 on: 02 March, 2015, 02:49:29 pm »
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the Russian mafia, behind all those tattoos and their love for vodka and borscht, pretty much everyone is kicking the living shit out of them. It's only a matter of time until the puppies take things into their own paws and spend a couple of hours cleaning up Brighton Beach (not that one).

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #4929 on: 02 March, 2015, 08:11:10 pm »
Back to Aliens - http://www.rogerebert.com/mzs/watching-aliens-for-the-first-time-again-with-a-bunch-of-kids - a fun read.

When Bill Paxton (Hudson) dies he surely needs "Game Over man" on his gravestone.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #4930 on: 02 March, 2015, 08:46:22 pm »
The Equalizer (sic)
With Ewar Woowar?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #4931 on: 02 March, 2015, 09:50:05 pm »
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

It's not a great film. It's also about a crazy idea that probably has profound political connotations (in the home country) but these are largely ignored in favour of a good old-fashioned love story. Is is worth watching? Yes, but don't go out of your way. It has some good comedy moments though.
Pen Pusher

fuzzy

« Reply #4932 on: 03 March, 2015, 11:04:16 am »
Total Fuckup Recall- The Gratuitous Rehash.

::-)

« Reply #4933 on: 03 March, 2015, 02:30:03 pm »
2nd best marigold hotel. I want to go back to India now. In fact every film I have seen lately has brought out a bit if wanderlust.

I'd like to go to India.  To see how the chap who is doing my job is getting on.   We met our replacements when they came over and all of us went out for a curry.  I don't want the job back, oh no :o
Move Faster and Bake Things

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #4934 on: 03 March, 2015, 02:40:40 pm »
The Equalizer (sic)
With Ewar Woowar?

It was Denzil, I think. Not out of  Only Fools and Horses though.

hillbilly

« Reply #4935 on: 07 March, 2015, 08:26:00 pm »
American Hustle

Style over substance, I'm afraid.  Strong acting though.

The middle bit sagged to the extent that I resorted to X1.5 speed, which is when you still hear the dialogue but the tedium passes quicker.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #4936 on: 07 March, 2015, 11:06:36 pm »
Inbetweeners 2.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4937 on: 07 March, 2015, 11:12:44 pm »
Inbetweeners 2.

Which reminds me: had someone shout "Cyclewankers!" at us yesterday.  It's been a while.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #4938 on: 08 March, 2015, 11:24:03 am »
I shouted "tenniswankers!" at the telly yesterday.

« Reply #4939 on: 08 March, 2015, 02:26:34 pm »
Enemy

Jake Gylenhaal and Mélanie Laurent (of Now You See Me).

This was totally engaging, but I'm not afraid to admit I did not understand what was going on. Having looked it up on the internet it seems I'm not alone. To my mind if a film requires you to watch it several times or have read the book, then it's failed as a film.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

« Reply #4940 on: 08 March, 2015, 05:57:25 pm »
Brave

Well it has Billy Connolly and accurately shows the motion of an arrow leaving a bow - really rare in filmland. Still a bit meh with not enough breadth of laughs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Chris S

« Reply #4941 on: 08 March, 2015, 11:39:41 pm »
Brave

Well it has Billy Connolly and accurately shows the motion of an arrow leaving a bow - really rare in filmland. Still a bit meh with not enough breadth of laughs.

I thought the beards much less, well... beardy, than in How to train your Dragon.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #4942 on: 09 March, 2015, 02:30:17 pm »
"Good Vibrations"

The story of a local DJ/Record Shop owner in '70s and '80s Belfast, at the the start of the Punk era.

Based on a true story and very enjoyable.

Funny in the main part but also a good reminder of what a horrendous time that was in N.I. history.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4943 on: 09 March, 2015, 02:37:39 pm »
"Good Vibrations"

The story of a local DJ/Record Shop owner in '70s and '80s Belfast, at the the start of the Punk era.

Funny in the main part but also a good reminder of what a horrendous time that was in N.I. history.

Thank you for reminding me, I saw it trailed on TV, but didn't see it.  Have just used get_iplayer to dl it.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4944 on: 11 March, 2015, 07:09:50 pm »
The Death of Mr Lazarescu

This is the only Romanian film I've seen. It was slow and ponderous, but totally engrossing. Probably not worth the 7.9 IMDB rating, and most definitely not a "comedy" as per the DVD cover, but well worth watching.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4945 on: 11 March, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »
"Good Vibrations"

Thank you for reminding me, I saw it trailed on TV, but didn't see it.  Have just used get_iplayer to dl it.

Have now watched it and I concur with LEE, funny and sad.  The music direction is spot on as well, with just the right songs at the right time (especially "Alternative Ulster").

It's not going to win any Oscars, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  If you like that era of music (Undertones, Rudi, The Outcasts etc etc), then watch it.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4946 on: 14 March, 2015, 06:41:18 am »
Kick Ass, well it could have been the mood I was in, I loved it.  The colouring was great and it had two of my favourite actors in it, Mark Strong and Nicolas Cage. I stayed up way past. my bedtime for it
Life is good even in a cockle shell.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4947 on: 14 March, 2015, 07:29:22 am »
The hunt for Red October on film four last night. Still a decent film though Connery is a very Scottish Russian.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #4948 on: 14 March, 2015, 08:44:42 am »
Kick Ass, well it could have been the mood I was in, I loved it.  The colouring was great and it had two of my favourite actors in it, Mark Strong and Nicolas Cage. I stayed up way past. my bedtime for it

I watched it again too. I'd forgotten most of it, so it was remarkably fresh. Fun! I haven't seen 2, but remember that there was outrage at gratuitous violence. There must be quite a bit if there is more than in 1 !

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #4949 on: 14 March, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
The hunt for Red October on film four last night. Still a decent film though Connery is a very Scottish Russian.
Give her two pingsh on the bowsh Mishter Vasshily.