Author Topic: specialized tricross at pearsons, cheapish  (Read 19557 times)

Blah

• Not sure where I'm going
Re: specialized tricross at pearsons, cheapish
« Reply #75 on: 05 May, 2009, 01:50:10 pm »
Didn't see it Blah, guessing it was some comment about the pathetic difference between 65" and 67"?

It was something far less exciting than that.

I thought you'd miscalculated the second gear inchage and corrected it. Then I saw that in fact you were right and I was wrong. This happens a lot to me  :-\

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
« Reply #76 on: 07 May, 2009, 11:00:51 am »
:) I used Sheldon to check...

I honestly assumed that you'd made some snarky/abusive comment (hence your apology) and then decided to remove it.  Which would have been most unlike you.  Funny how we sometimes assume the worst.

I think that's enough off-topic from me anyway!

rdaviesb

« Reply #77 on: 10 May, 2009, 09:53:08 pm »
Could I ask those who bought from Pearsons if it comes properly built up and, Maffie - could I ask how tall you are and what size you bought?

I'm about 5'3" and am looking at the 49cm.

Many thanks,

:)

Liz.

Wifeeee has decided she wants a rack on her 49cm Tricross. None of the myriad of old racks I have fit such a small frame. Which one did you use here?

ed_o_brain

« Reply #78 on: 10 May, 2009, 09:57:24 pm »
It is a Tortec Ultralite rear rack, available from Wiggle.

rdaviesb

« Reply #79 on: 10 May, 2009, 10:01:40 pm »
Thanks. Credit card wobbling.......

« Reply #80 on: 11 May, 2009, 10:32:25 am »
I use a Tubus Fly. It is very low profile, which suits a small frame (though mine is actually a 58cm IIRC). A friend who is vertically challenged found the fly was perfect on his tiny Hewitt, where a tortec rack just looked wrong.

It does depend what you want the rack for though; the fly has a small, triangular top section so it isn't ideal for a rack top bag. It is fine for panniers. On mine it is so close to the mudguards that I had to mount the Smart rear light upside down!

You can see how it hugs the wheel in these photos.

(That's an SQR Tour back on the bike, mounted on the seat post not the rack). I now have flys on both this bike and my Audax bike.