Author Topic: Yellow Card  (Read 2076 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Yellow Card
« on: 19 December, 2010, 05:53:42 pm »
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Yellow Card
« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »
Expensive, implausible (I tend to be too busy swearing and making evasive manoeuvres for that sort of thing) and unlikely to end well.

Plus there's the pokemon effect.

« Reply #2 on: 19 December, 2010, 06:28:33 pm »
Alternatively:

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #3 on: 19 December, 2010, 07:26:33 pm »
I favour crackback, but let's face it, stickering cars in media res is just the Ghandi remix of Spike Bike fantasies. 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #4 on: 19 December, 2010, 08:53:06 pm »
"The next car who endagers your life"  ???

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #5 on: 19 December, 2010, 09:44:39 pm »
"The next car that is driven in such a manner as to endanger your life" doesn't scan so good, and you can't throw it at the driver, because fridge magnets make lousy shuriken.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 19 December, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #7 on: 20 December, 2010, 02:16:08 pm »
Hmmm, how to make friends and influence people, eh?!  I've seen a few cyclists out there that ride like complete twats and then have a go at the nearest driver when it bites them in the arse - those are the only people who would consider doing something so utterly pointless and it'd wind anyone up on the receiving end, myself included.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #8 on: 20 December, 2010, 04:50:17 pm »
I've seen a few cyclists out there that ride like complete twats and then have a go at the nearest driver when it bites them in the arse

.... and it's because of these twunts that a lot of experienced and quite considerate cyclists are tarred with the same brush by a lot of motorists.

I've been tempted to wear a vest saying 'I don't jump red lights, use hand signals, ride quite sensibly, accept that there are other road users apart from me and don't ride on the pavement'.  However, the print would be too small. :-\
Old enough to know better!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #9 on: 20 December, 2010, 04:59:15 pm »
It's wordy and comes over holier than thou. You might as well stop the car by force and then, depending on disposition, either beat the driver to a pulp or lie prone with a t-shirt "I'm a self-righteous twat, please drive over me."
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Nightfly

« Reply #10 on: 20 December, 2010, 06:40:18 pm »
Totally absurd and bonkers.

Many cars now have plastic/fibre glass panels to save weight so how would this supposed magnetic card stick to a car?

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #11 on: 22 December, 2010, 10:27:16 am »
Many cars now have plastic/fibre glass panels to save weight so how would this supposed magnetic card stick to a car?
See, that's the voice of reason. 

Not only is it sanctimonious wank (wanktimonious?) but it just wouldn't work!

« Reply #12 on: 22 December, 2010, 10:40:02 am »
I've seen a few cyclists out there that ride like complete twats and then have a go at the nearest driver when it bites them in the arse

.... and it's because of these twunts that a lot of experienced and quite considerate cyclists are tarred with the same brush by a lot of motorists.

I've been tempted to wear a vest saying 'I don't jump red lights, use hand signals, ride quite sensibly, accept that there are other road users apart from me and don't ride on the pavement'.  However, the print would be too small. :-\

You forgot to add "I have 3rd party insurance, a job and am zero rated for "road tax*""

* Yes I know, but the ignorant masses don't

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #13 on: 22 December, 2010, 10:20:11 pm »
Amend to read 'looking for work'. :(
Old enough to know better!