Author Topic: What are you drinking right now?  (Read 316666 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: What are you drinking right now?
« Reply #1800 on: 01 January, 2014, 12:12:38 am »
Laphroaig
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #1801 on: 01 January, 2014, 12:31:43 am »
The shiraz has gone, it's the last of the Jura, then onto the Spiced Hot Chocolate ,  highly recommended  :P
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1802 on: 01 January, 2014, 11:57:15 am »
Weapons grade coffee, in a vain attempt to get over the hangover from last night's, not one but two, new year's eve parties.

One was full of screaming kids (more kids than adults) and then other was a black tie do, which I had not been informed of, so turned up in (admittedly nice) dark brown jeans, checked shirt and my thick Howies jacket.

The only thing that got me through both was large amounts of alcohol.

We did have a very nice drop of Johnnie Walker Gold Label on our way home, though, as we dropped in on the FiL
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #1803 on: 18 January, 2014, 05:41:24 pm »
Marston's Oyster Stout. Very nice too!

Ruth

« Reply #1804 on: 06 February, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »
Vidal ice wine.

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  This is incredible stuff.  Layer on layer of sweetness, tartness, fruit, honey, oh wow.

And then I googled it to see how much it is to buy  :o

My daughter's in-laws are truly generous people.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #1805 on: 09 February, 2014, 08:53:43 pm »
Vidal ice wine.

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  This is incredible stuff.  Layer on layer of sweetness, tartness, fruit, honey, oh wow.

And then I googled it to see how much it is to buy  :o

My daughter's in-laws are truly generous people.

Was the Inniskilln one? That is expensive!

« Reply #1806 on: 16 February, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »
Sainsbury's London Porter, brewed by Shepherd Neame.
It is a very nice beer.  :thumbsup:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1807 on: 16 February, 2014, 07:17:04 pm »
G&T
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1808 on: 16 February, 2014, 07:46:49 pm »
Becks!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Ruth

« Reply #1809 on: 23 February, 2014, 05:52:51 pm »
Bateman's Dark Lord.

My, but there's a lot of liquorice in this.

Mmmm.  Liquorice.   :P

ian

« Reply #1810 on: 23 February, 2014, 06:38:56 pm »
Rhubarb, strawberry, and a banananananana smoothie. I'm consuming about 18 portions of fruit and veg a day at the moment. At this rate of consumption I shouldn't just be healthy, I should have superpowers.

As I'm wading through pictures of bathroom fittings and tiles, I need a real drink soonish. Firstly, there's millions of them, secondly I know nothing about bathroom fittings, thirdly I don't want to know anything about bathroom fittings. But I would rather have a proper hot bath again, which is the most decent, decadent, and downright righteous use of a Sunday evening, which involves choosing taps and showers.

£500 for a mixer tap. Now I really need a drink.

« Reply #1811 on: 23 February, 2014, 10:11:06 pm »
Marqués de Montino Rioja. Dangerously drinkable stuff...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1812 on: 02 March, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »
Cairanne. I'm sick of beer for the moment.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #1813 on: 02 March, 2014, 10:33:04 pm »
Ribena, because it's amazing.

« Reply #1814 on: 02 March, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »
Lots lately. Tonight...

Chimay Triple
Haviestoun Bitter and twisted

and because I'm up late working after having done 2hrs at the BMX track at Machester with my club, and deserve a treat

Mikkeler ...Zest Please.

« Reply #1815 on: 03 March, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »
Salted caramel green tea.

« Reply #1816 on: 03 March, 2014, 06:23:27 pm »
I'm back on the Tossco Vratislav Czech lager, now they have reverted back to the 5% ABV version instead of the watery 4.2% version.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1817 on: 04 March, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »
Copious amounts of coffee, due to 1) it being week 11 and b) there be gremlins in them thar databases...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1818 on: 06 March, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »
M&S Belgian Cherry Beer, not impressed much too sweet & lacking cherry flavour  :( :( :( :(

« Reply #1819 on: 06 March, 2014, 11:15:36 pm »
Thomas Hardy's Ale (O'Hanlon's)

ian

« Reply #1820 on: 07 March, 2014, 04:31:24 pm »
A genuine Kriek is not sweet at all, rather with a sour-ish taste and a hint of cherry stones... An acquired taste.. The real stuff is usually wrapped in paper and is expensive.

I'm guessing your M£S version has aspartame or similar fake sugar?

Many krieks are sweetened (Bellevue, Timmermanns, Morte Subite) and not to my taste (I'm guessing the M&S one is probably one of these or something similar). Good sour lambics are better - Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen etc are fantastic. But not cheap. I think I bought a pint (I was thirsty) and it cost me £8.

I was in a cafe in Belgium the other day (ironically, for someone familiar with SE London, called Du Penge) and forced to sample a wide range of exotic beers. Barman's choice. Best one was apparently brewed by 'lady monks' or possibly 'ninja lady monks' though that was my suggestion.

Been unable to find that brew again though, so it could just have been a byproduct of my fermenting imagination.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #1821 on: 07 March, 2014, 07:09:07 pm »
"This is not the greatest beer in the world, oh, no, this is just a Tribute"

« Reply #1822 on: 07 March, 2014, 08:26:38 pm »
McEwan's Export :-D

« Reply #1823 on: 07 March, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »
A genuine Kriek is not sweet at all, rather with a sour-ish taste and a hint of cherry stones... An acquired taste.. The real stuff is usually wrapped in paper and is expensive.

I'm guessing your M£S version has aspartame or similar fake sugar?

Many krieks are sweetened (Bellevue, Timmermanns, Morte Subite) and not to my taste (I'm guessing the M&S one is probably one of these or something similar). Good sour lambics are better - Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen etc are fantastic. But not cheap. I think I bought a pint (I was thirsty) and it cost me £8.

I was in a cafe in Belgium the other day (ironically, for someone familiar with SE London, called Du Penge) and forced to sample a wide range of exotic beers. Barman's choice. Best one was apparently brewed by 'lady monks' or possibly 'ninja lady monks' though that was my suggestion.

Been unable to find that brew again though, so it could just have been a byproduct of my fermenting imagination.

Thanks for the information, Having drunk Bellevue quite a bit in Belgium it is my prefered Kriek I find Timmermans too sweet, the M&S one was sweeter than this as well as having very little flavour of anything. I was recommended Samuel Smiths Cherry Beer, will have to try & find a source, I am not too bother if it is a little sweeter but it must have some cherry flavour  :)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1824 on: 07 March, 2014, 10:23:39 pm »
If it's like other Sam Smiths then it will also leave you with a stinking hangover and strange coloured pee IMHO. Still it was dirt cheap :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!