Author Topic: What are you drinking right now?  (Read 316646 times)

ian

Re: What are you drinking right now?
« Reply #2150 on: 26 December, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »
Oh yus. For some reason I thought there was a 25, but evidently in the advent world Christmas is a disappointment. Need to sit down and work out the scores on the doors, because I scribbled a rank (OK, my hyper-organised wife did) on each so we could acquire the favourites for our collection.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2151 on: 26 December, 2015, 07:52:49 pm »
Adnam's Broadside.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2152 on: 26 December, 2015, 07:56:03 pm »
More tea cos I don't have and can't have Baileys #LactoseIntoleranceSucks... Plotting a 'make my own' using lactofree cream, whisky and other ingredients... Need to buy some whisky which isn't too nice to do that too ;)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2153 on: 26 December, 2015, 08:12:36 pm »
Oh yus. For some reason I thought there was a 25, but evidently in the advent world Christmas is a disappointment. Need to sit down and work out the scores on the doors, because I scribbled a rank (OK, my hyper-organised wife did) on each so we could acquire the favourites for our collection.

Did you like the Bobby's? That's one of my faves at the moment.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2154 on: 27 December, 2015, 12:34:33 am »
Despite Woollypigs' entreaties to try Gammel Dansk my need for relief from this cough necessitated the purchase of a bottle of Jagermeister this afternoon. The cough has subsided somewhat but has now become a raging head cold.

Why is it that every time I get more than one day off I am immediately beset by snot . . . ?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

barakta

« Reply #2155 on: 27 December, 2015, 02:43:10 pm »
Stress - teachers get it too.

My dad LOVES Gammeldansk, he was introduced to it by Danes he worked with and they were forever committed to bringing him new stash when they came to the UK.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2156 on: 27 December, 2015, 04:30:48 pm »
I have a couple of Innis and Gunn rum cask beers for me and my dad this evening, plus additional stocks of others
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2157 on: 29 December, 2015, 11:46:21 pm »
Prof Cornelius Ampleforth's Sloe gin.
Was given a miniature of the Ltd edition Pickering's sloe gin, which was cloudy, and I didn't like that much.

The Ampleforth's is very nice, clear, very berry. Pingu thinks it tastes more of cherries than sloes. Possibly is why I like it. I like cherry boozeahol.

I had a quick taste of a friend's Monkey 47 sloe gin a couple of weeks ago. I would like a bottle of that....

« Reply #2158 on: 30 December, 2015, 06:36:49 pm »
My 2015 sloe gin is going down very nicely, thank you. I'm no gin connoisseur l, so it may not reach exacting Mrs Pingu standards. It's fruity, clear and delicious enough for me though.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2159 on: 30 December, 2015, 06:50:31 pm »
Pale ale home brew, it's rather drinkable :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2160 on: 30 December, 2015, 06:50:52 pm »
My 2015 sloe gin is going down very nicely, thank you. I'm no gin connoisseur l, so it may not reach exacting Mrs Pingu standards. It's fruity, clear and delicious enough for me though.

TBH, I only let sloe gin past my lips for the 2nd time in October. The first time, about a squllion years ago, was before the craft gin revival had been invented, and I really didn't like it. So I'm not really a sloe gin connoisseur, and I've never had homemade stuff (dunno if we get sloes up here?)

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2161 on: 30 December, 2015, 06:54:10 pm »
Just now I'm drinking Strathearn Oaked Highland Gin.

« Reply #2162 on: 30 December, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »
The wine society's Corbiers. Rather nice it is, too.

ElyDave

« Reply #2163 on: 30 December, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »
A very dry, very cold martini. The rest are having espresso martinis, too sweet for me.

Introduced my dad to some of my home brewed cox's cider yesterday

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2164 on: 30 December, 2015, 08:10:07 pm »
Hatherwood's Amber Adder. I got a selection of their beers for Christmas. Very nice it is too!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #2165 on: 30 December, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »
I'm revisiting my childhood and enjoying a sugar free dandelion and burdock

barakta

« Reply #2166 on: 30 December, 2015, 09:49:33 pm »
Attempt at home made lacto free Bailey's substitute... Definitely passable! :D

ElyDave

« Reply #2167 on: 30 December, 2015, 11:20:15 pm »
Worked through more of the malt collection. Maybe not the best idea with a 10k road race tomorrow

« Reply #2168 on: 30 December, 2015, 11:38:13 pm »
Worked through more of the malt collection. Maybe not the best idea with a 10k road race tomorrow

Intense carbo loading?  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Chris S

« Reply #2169 on: 31 December, 2015, 04:58:34 pm »

I wasn't the only one to think it tasted of cough mixture - but it does contain booze, so it's OK.

ian

« Reply #2170 on: 31 December, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »

TBH, I only let sloe gin past my lips for the 2nd time in October. The first time, about a squllion years ago, was before the craft gin revival had been invented, and I really didn't like it. So I'm not really a sloe gin connoisseur, and I've never had homemade stuff (dunno if we get sloes up here?)

Never been much of a fan either (flavoured gins in general – I'll accept things like the rhubarb gin because it's actual rhubarb in the botanicals rather than base gin with flavour added after the fact).

Tonight, as I'm staying in with my wife, the cats, a curry I've yet to make, and a box set of Back of the Future (too old to be schlepping into London to stand in the cold waiting for fireworks and watching people puke, and every where else involves weeks of travel and a taxi bill that would probably buy me a luxury flat in E8), I'll be doing some samplings from the back of the gin cupboard, and I've put my bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin in the fridge for a little bit of cooling. I'll switch off the internet before I get through that.

« Reply #2171 on: 31 December, 2015, 06:58:46 pm »
I have just started a bottle of Bailey's ☺
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #2172 on: 01 January, 2016, 01:01:46 pm »
Water
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2173 on: 01 January, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »
Water

Ditto

Waiting for the sun to be well and truly over the yardarm before partaking today, maybe one of my Christmas beers, maybe a G&T. If I speak nicely to Mrs T, she might make me a cocktail from the book she got at Christmas, that being "Gone With the Gin"
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2174 on: 01 January, 2016, 02:29:49 pm »

Never been much of a fan either (flavoured gins in general – I'll accept things like the rhubarb gin because it's actual rhubarb in the botanicals rather than base gin with flavour added after the fact).

Tonight, as I'm staying in with my wife, the cats, a curry I've yet to make, and a box set of Back of the Future (too old to be schlepping into London to stand in the cold waiting for fireworks and watching people puke, and every where else involves weeks of travel and a taxi bill that would probably buy me a luxury flat in E8), I'll be doing some samplings from the back of the gin cupboard, and I've put my bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin in the fridge for a little bit of cooling. I'll switch off the internet before I get through that.

A couple of weeks ago I had some Lindeman's gin, supposedly flavoured with cherries for the kriek. It was rubbish.