Author Topic: Advice sought  (Read 2018 times)

onb

• Between jobs at present
Advice sought
« on: 28 October, 2008, 03:14:59 pm »
I am going to a gig (Bellowhead )on friday night and want to take a few shots using a standard point and shoot digital camera .The thing is that as its dark the flash will kick in which I dont want ,is there any way round this problem I experimented with tape over the flash which it didnt seem to like ,or should I just try sneaking my dslr in.

LEE

Re: Advice sought
« Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2008, 03:28:57 pm »
I am going to a gig (Bellowhead )on friday night and want to take a few shots using a standard point and shoot digital camera .The thing is that as its dark the flash will kick in which I dont want ,is there any way round this problem I experimented with tape over the flash which it didnt seem to like ,or should I just try sneaking my dslr in.

Unusual it doesn't have a manual flash OFF setting.

What make/model is it?

« Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2008, 05:25:41 pm »
It'll probably be flash on by default in the auto setting but if there is a P setting or any kind of manual input there should be an option there to have the flash off.

« Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2008, 08:00:54 pm »
In the absence of any knowledge of your camera, if there's a button marked with a flash symbol (lightning zigzag), try pressing it and see if you can get a "no flash" icon to show on the screen - usually a crossed out circle with zigzag.

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2008, 11:48:53 am »
Sorted thanks