Author Topic: My new bike - finally!  (Read 4741 times)

My new bike - finally!
« on: 13 April, 2008, 07:31:57 pm »
After much deliberation, humming, hawing and driving Eck to distraction. My new bike:

A "Flamboyant Blue" Aravis Audax with carbon forks and frame lugs (edit: the lugs aren't Carbon  ;) ).  The drivetrain is Campag, a mix of Comp, Veloce and Centaur.  Shimano deep-drop brakes and A520 pedals (I like SPD - it's easier to walk up Cairn O' Mount).

Thanks particularly to Eck and Noodley for their help during my many months of contemplation and to Buzpaz for a shot of his Van Nicholas which put a stop to my worrying about sizing.

Thanks to all who answerd my thread of daft questions about the Carradice Bagman, Especially Paul Smith (I did buy it from BikePlus).

RJMcB

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
Re: My new bike - finally!
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2008, 09:28:27 pm »
RJ that looks very nice and shiny.  I bet I'll be the one trying to hold on to your wheel the next time we meet.

ps - top marks for the neat routing of your computer cabling ;-)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2008, 09:30:58 pm »
Very nice indeed.

« Reply #3 on: 13 April, 2008, 09:34:27 pm »
Most excellent  :thumbsup:

I also like the "trying to create a tropical feel" by placing a pineapple on your picnic table.   ;D

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #4 on: 13 April, 2008, 09:58:06 pm »
Noodley, don't you know that Pineapples grow wild in the Falkirk area (it's something to to with the Gulf Stream or the BP petrochemical plant in Grangemouth or something).  RJ was obviously only placing said fruit there momentarily, before taking it inside to make his Wife a Pina Colada. 

« Reply #5 on: 13 April, 2008, 10:06:07 pm »
Noodley, don't you know that Pineapples grow wild in the Falkirk area (it's something to to with the Gulf Stream or the BP petrochemical plant in Grangemouth or something).  RJ was obviously only placing said fruit there momentarily, before taking it inside to make his Wife a Pina Colada. 

;D ;D

I also like the "trying to create a tropical feel" by placing a pineapple on your picnic table.   ;D

What do you mean?  Are the wild pineapples not ripe yet in Angus?  Seriously though, I had just finished measuring the seatpost height.  Do you not measure standover height in pineapples?  ;)

« Reply #6 on: 13 April, 2008, 10:09:49 pm »
That frame looks a bit small Ralph, wouldn't you be better with one or two cms more ?  Only kidding.

« Reply #7 on: 13 April, 2008, 10:21:42 pm »
That frame looks a bit small Ralph, wouldn't you be better with one or two cms more ?  Only kidding.

Sizing is the one thing I really shouldnt worry about as much as I do.  Most manufacturers of frames seem to make them in "shortarse" which does me just fine.

Who's Ralph btw?  ;)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #8 on: 18 April, 2008, 08:03:39 am »
Yay! RJMcB has a new bike.
It's blue.   8)
It's Campag. :thumbsup:

Perfect.  O:-)
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #9 on: 18 April, 2008, 09:36:15 am »
Very nice   :thumbsup:.  Understated and classic .... or something like that  ;D

donpedro

• ain`t haulin` any lambs to the marketplace anymore
    • But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #10 on: 18 April, 2008, 09:57:33 am »
Second that! Just peyfect!  :thumbsup:
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: 18 April, 2008, 10:05:58 am »
You sure got a purdy bike there, boy...

:D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

bobmick

« Reply #12 on: 18 April, 2008, 10:07:12 am »