Author Topic: Resteraunts in Manchester  (Read 1717 times)

Resteraunts in Manchester
« on: 27 August, 2008, 08:26:12 pm »
Hi

Any recommendations for restaurants in central Manchester ? I am taking Mrs Pcolbeck for the weekend for our aniversary. One in China Town would be good if anyone knows one that isn't huge and impersonal. 

Ta

Pat
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Re: Resteraunts in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2008, 09:00:35 pm »
Pat

I asked a guy at work, who lives over that way the same question last week, as I was there for the REM concert.

He recommended this place extremely highly

Yang Sing

I didnt get there in the end so have no personal experience, but the recommender positively raved about the place.

.calm

« Reply #3 on: 27 August, 2008, 09:06:20 pm »
Pat

I asked a guy at work, who lives over that way the same question last week, as I was there for the REM concert.

He recommended this place extremely highly

Yang Sing

I didnt get there in the end so have no personal experience, but the recommender positively raved about the place.

It is really good. Very good. possibly the best chinese in the middle of manchester

« Reply #4 on: 28 August, 2008, 07:16:11 am »
The Kwok man is nice, there is a a fabulous japenese resteraunt in china town and the name escapes em at the moment

Kathy

« Reply #5 on: 28 August, 2008, 10:10:51 am »
Tim and I spent a pleasant evening in Dimitris - the vegetarian kalamata plata was scrummy!

« Reply #6 on: 28 August, 2008, 10:46:05 am »
Tim and I spent a pleasant evening in Dimitris - the vegetarian kalamata plata was scrummy!

Nice one Kathy. Mrs Pcolbeck eats very little meat (she used to be vegie) so that looks like a top tip.

« Reply #7 on: 28 August, 2008, 06:20:50 pm »
Have booked Yang Sing for Saturday and will give the Tapas bar a go on Friday night. Thanks all.

LEE

« Reply #8 on: 29 August, 2008, 09:33:20 am »
Interested to know what the Yang Sing is like now.  It used to be regularly voted Best Chinese restaurant in Britain (but that was 20 years ago).

« Reply #9 on: 29 August, 2008, 08:44:56 pm »
I remember the Yang Sing had very good food, although it's at least 15 years since I've been there.  I also recall one of those "investigative reporter" programs which culminated in our hero's Chinese contact fleeing down the stairs at the Yang Sing pursued by knife wielding Triads!

Enjoy!
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #10 on: 01 September, 2008, 01:18:25 pm »
Dimitri's was full but we found another Tapas place on Dean Street which was good and we could sit outside (it was very humid).
Yang Sing was very very good. The best rice I have had since I went to Thailand over 10 years ago. Lovely Dim Sum too. It was very busy though so I would recommend booking rather than just turning up.