Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Only those who footle with anbarism on a regular basis.  I don't own a cauldron or a pointy hat either, because I do not indulge in witchcraft.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:15:13 am »
Get A Haircut ~ George Thorogood & The Destroyers
The Pub / Re: Amazon - it’s complicated
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:14:21 am »
DRM may be removed from Kindle boks using Calibre and the DeDrm plugin, which is a Useful Thing even if all you want to do is make the Kindle titles consistent over, say, a series of crime novels in which the guilty party is nearly always the Scotsman.
OT Gallery / Re: A Thread From Under the Floorboards
« Last post by Bluebottle on Today at 12:44:39 am »
Fortunately, as a chemist, that was not my job!
! Shirley every lady, most gentlemen and assorted nonbinary persons of the Irish Tockracy should own one.  Preferably 5 or so, including at least one that goes BEEEEP!
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:31:06 am »
Well it's marginally more fun that terminating coax, I suppose.
Caption It / Re: Caption it #1914
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 12:29:50 am »
"Hang on... Aren't you Priti Patel? Drown, you fucker!"
It's probably a reasonable assumption that the extension lead doesn’t do any fancy crossing over of conductors thobut, otherwise the vendor would have mentioned it.  Wouldn’t they…

*passes the multimeter*

Sadly I do not own such a thing and Lt. Col. Larrington (retd.) utterly failed to steal one when he left the employ of Missis Kwin chiz.
« Last post by Bluebottle on Today at 12:26:20 am »
A bit apologetically tangential to the thread, but the discussion of grubbing about in confined spaces reminds me of the placement i did before the final year of my degree. I did this with the computational chemist of the parish, a small, wiry cyclist. The first thing he got me to do was install network cards in Pentium PCs. The second thing was to get borrow his boiler suit and take some coax cable into the false roofspace of the basement labs and get the labs networked. It was then I found out I don't like enclosed spaces: my feet were larger than the space in which I had to crawl, I was dressed in the boiler suit of a 5' 5" Fifer, I was a 6'4" lang streak of pish. Lying fully extended (as it were) in that boiler suit hurt.

On reflection, I don't remember how much support there was in the false roofspace...
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Karla on Today at 12:25:32 am »
Get a Job - The Offspring
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10