Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 10:58:34 am »

Who is the Caribbean entrant?  I scanned through the list and didn't spot anyone.

Well I've since learned they are Bermudan... Which is not in the Carribbean...

I have updated the post accordingly.

J
The Pub / Re: eBay rant
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 10:55:31 am »
Been looking for a cheap bike on ebay that I can use on a turbo trainer.  A near impossible quest - I can't believe what people are asking for junk!

Anything near cheap has a stuck seatpost and was cheaper from new.
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by teamerchant on Today at 10:32:47 am »
Why TF is it so cold??? On the plus side, nearly up to 1500miles of commuting by bike in the past ~ 8 months.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by T42 on Today at 10:32:25 am »
Turned round to pick up a spanner in the workshop, and as I swung back to the bike I was working on I swept a dismounted 10-spd cassette off the bench. A hearty game of Hunt the Cog ensued. I eventually won.

Just came in for a breather and realized that I didn't count all the spacers back in.
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by Peter on Today at 10:31:01 am »
Agree with citoyen.  If Liverpool had suddenly reached second, only 3 points from the top, then people (some) would be rubbing their hands with glee, dreaming of Europe.  Entitlement is what turns people's heads and ruins sports journalism.
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Swimming
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 10:27:13 am »
Mmmm, yes - I should probably ask my wife about this as she has one of the newer Forerunner watches and uses it for swimming.

My wife is very intelligent. She suggested I simply press the lap button on my watch at the end of every two lengths. Of course! Seems so obvious now. Did it for this morning's swim. Worked a treat.

Might still look to upgrade my watch at some point anyway.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 10:20:54 am »
Scooby Snacks - Fun Lovin' Criminals
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 10:17:43 am »
in danger of missing out on a champion's league place next season

Nah. They'd have to lose all of their last four games for that to be likely and their form isn't THAT bad.

What does make things interesting is that two of their last four games are against Spurs and Villa, the two sides competing for fourth place and the only two teams who could theoretically overtake them.

A draw against Spurs would be enough to guarantee that Spurs can't finish above them.

What makes things even more interesting is that Spurs also have to play both Arsenal and City in their remaining games.
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by JonBuoy on Today at 10:05:05 am »
just read it by chance. Nice one!
Currently filling up on heavy fish and chip type fare at a pub B&B in Essex prior to riding to the Harwich ferry tomorrow night and on to bike check.
It will be cool meeting the Caribbean entrant, a neighbour 900 miles to the South of me in Bermuda.  ;-)
Also looking forward to meeting you of course!. x
"orange is the new slow"

Who is the Caribbean entrant?  I scanned through the list and didn't spot anyone.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 09:49:43 am »
Probably that, because of the hole, they couldn't get the 6-carriage trains from the end of the line where they are to the end where you are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10