Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 10:29:49 am »
Transplanted my motor wheel from the eBrute to the carbon-butterfly Trek, which has a shorter frame and will put less stress on my neck.  I've got shorter in the last few years and keeping my neck ricked back to look ahead was getting painful on longer rides.

Off to the motor place tomorrow to get a new battery & mount, etc.

Strike that. This morning I managed to get my current battery mount to fit by judicious application of drill press & soldering iron.  Just have to move the console across, hook it all up and bob's your whatsit.

IOW I just saved myself around 600€, or 1000€ if I had got a spare battery as well.  Of course I still might - 2 x 370 Wh would take me further than my current 200 Wh + 250 Wh.  Later on I may move that kit to the shopping beater and get the new kit anyway - it'd take me down into the Vosges proper.
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by Legs on Today at 10:29:37 am »
There is a massive difference between 1-1.5 mile rides and even the shortest Audax ride.  Build up slowly, enjoy riding your bike, develop strength and resilience.  Don't launch into buying a new bike until you know a bit more about what you want from it.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:27:13 am »
Wordle 1,042 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:24:56 am »
Withered On The Vine - Nick Lowe
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by MattH on Today at 10:16:23 am »
Depends if you are a youngster jumping on the train after a night on the town (before you've gone to bed), and not arriving until lunchtime.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by perpetual dan on Today at 10:08:22 am »
It's not really a "sleeper" train if I have to wake up at 3am, and then spend an hour on a platform until 4:30. Is it?

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 10:04:12 am »

see you tomorrow.

I don't know if I will recognise you.

I'm the fat dyke with the camera, wearing all black. I'll arrive on a Brompton.

J
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:38:27 am »
Lovely Daaaaaaaaaaaaay - Bill Withers
The Pub / Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 09:05:44 am »
A Raleigh bicycle frame, 501 steel, late 80s, looks in very good nick, headset bearing and bottom bracket bearing all in place, nowt else, all for £20.  Oh and there is a wheel, the front one.  Arrives Monday.

The plan is to use it on the turbo trainer to free up my expedition tourer, so it doesn't need stuff like brakes, wheels or steering and most of the parts I need are sitting in the spares bin.

Found on a famous online auction site where most cheap bikes have their saddle pins welded in place it seems.  I like a challenge but not that one. 

OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 08:58:03 am »
This arrived last week.  It's a "60s" Epiphone SG, the model that used to be called a '61 until they brought out the more expensive 1961 Les Paul SG (yes, that name is confusing).  Plays well out of the box.  The shorter Gibson scale length makes A-shape barre chords a bit harder if you have fat fingers, but it's a lot easier than on the really bad Epiphone Les Paul I once acquired for free - that one had everything wrong with it, like high action, massive frets and scratchy pots.

20240426_085445 by rogerzilla, on Flickr
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10