Author Topic: Jack Taylor  (Read 2078 times)

dat

Jack Taylor
« on: 19 September, 2020, 03:33:33 pm »
Got this the other day. Spit shine, new tyres, new tape and fitting the NOS lever was all that was needed!

Re: Jack Taylor
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2020, 04:20:38 pm »
I like that.  It'd be faster with pedals, obv.

What's the tubing sticker?
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

guidon

• formerly known as cyclone
« Reply #2 on: 19 September, 2020, 06:05:41 pm »
Bloody lovely that! (good job it's way too small for me so no need to suffer from envy.....)

« Reply #3 on: 20 September, 2020, 09:06:36 pm »
Some form of bilaminate construction?

« Reply #4 on: 20 September, 2020, 10:13:05 pm »

It's a proper track bike and strengthened at the bottom bracket, doubtless for a particular rider.  I would guess it is a late model.

« Reply #5 on: 21 September, 2020, 08:35:00 am »
That’s the hill climb special they made - short wheelbase by using a curved seat tube.
There’s a superb film, now on YouTube, about the brothers and their exceptional skills; well worth a watch.

« Reply #6 on: 21 September, 2020, 08:44:42 am »
I’ve found the catalogue, the model is described as “A short wheelbase model of special design, most suitable for hill climbs and short distance time trial”
Sorry, I don’t have a “ host” to enable me to post pictures on this forum - nor the skills or patience to set one up. If you want a picture of the catalogue pm me your email and I’ll gladly sent it.

« Reply #7 on: 21 September, 2020, 09:16:31 am »

It's a proper track bike and strengthened at the bottom bracket, doubtless for a particular rider.  I would guess it is a late model.
Proper round-section track forks, too (they're great on the road - really stiff sideways, so no front brake rub or front tyre scrub on standing climbs)
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

dat

« Reply #8 on: 21 September, 2020, 09:43:09 am »
I did 110k on it yesterday. Apart from the bars it was great. I’ll have to see if I can find some 70’s road bars that are more comfortable.

arabella

• no se porque yo no lo se
« Reply #9 on: 28 September, 2020, 04:08:35 pm »
OT but, that rack at the front looks ideal for locating an audax route sheet where the handlebar-attached lights will shine on it at dark o'clock.
(I haven't yet upgraded to GPS and the 21st century)
Are they still sold?

& is that flamboyant green?
In the dark, all views are the same.