Author Topic: Photoshop  (Read 3956 times)

Photoshop
« on: 08 March, 2021, 09:47:21 am »
What version of Photoshop was the last one you could buy outright. Don't wsnt a monthly sub.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: 08 March, 2021, 10:22:03 am »
Jeez... CS4 or 5, if there was a 5.  I have 4 and a sub.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2 on: 08 March, 2021, 11:06:53 am »
Thanks, have an issue with dust on some scanned slides. Need an easy way to clean up images after scanning.

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2021, 11:15:23 am »
CS6. I have my copy open at this moment, so that's not conjecture.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2021, 11:18:03 am »
CS6, I believe.

Affinity Photo is where it is at now...
It is simpler than it looks.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5 on: 08 March, 2021, 12:14:42 pm »
Affinity Photo is where it is at now...

If I didn't have a CC sub for work, I would definitely go for Affinity Photo rather than trying to find an out-of-date unsupported version of Photoshop that a) might not work on my current OS, and b) probably wouldn't cost any less anyway (or might even cost a lot more, if the prices on eBay are anything to go by).
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6 on: 08 March, 2021, 01:31:15 pm »
I just downloaded it and it's installing. It's on sale at almost half price and there's a 90-day free trial so why not?

I trust it's not one of those progs that go haring off round your disks trying to catalogue every image file it finds.  An upgrade to one of my previous photo editors suddenly did that without being asked, so it got the boot.

ETA: Just started it. It wants Windows Aero to run. ICBA
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #7 on: 08 March, 2021, 01:33:55 pm »
Thanks, have an issue with dust on some scanned slides. Need an easy way to clean up images after scanning.
Does your scanner have dust removal built in? Try the options in Vuescan for infrared cleaning, I've found it can work quite well.

Or try Gimp, it is free. Should be easy enough for most dust removal etc.

« Reply #8 on: 08 March, 2021, 02:02:13 pm »
Its better just scanning then fixing the problems, as the image is original and if its good you can keep a copy . It can fix most stuff, but going through a full digital image fix takes forever. Have Elements 9, removing dust and the odd scratches works. Was thinking that the newer versions were better and a little faster touching up the faults.