Author Topic: stainless steel washing line  (Read 4395 times)

Re: stainless steel washing line
« Reply #25 on: 16 June, 2021, 06:53:31 pm »
Late to the party, but you might have found these folks useful https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/clear-coated-pvc-stainless-steel-wire-rope-7x7/ especially for their selection of fittings. The 3mm has been in service chez Ham Hall for around six years now.

« Reply #26 on: 16 June, 2021, 07:00:36 pm »
Late to the party, but you might have found these folks useful https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/clear-coated-pvc-stainless-steel-wire-rope-7x7/ especially for their selection of fittings. The 3mm has been in service chez Ham Hall for around six years now.
Ohh! That looks nice.  :thumbsup:
I sense planned sabotage of my current washing line on the horizon.......

« Reply #27 on: 16 June, 2021, 08:21:38 pm »
They've got a section entitled "body fittings"  :jurek:     (but it's nothing outre )
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

« Reply #28 on: 16 June, 2021, 08:22:19 pm »
What is a 'washing line?'

« Reply #29 on: 16 June, 2021, 08:34:02 pm »
So now I'm curious.
Not in a 'bi' way.
What do you do with your's?
Washing line.
That is.

ian

« Reply #30 on: 16 June, 2021, 08:58:29 pm »
I don't have one*. I've never had a washing line. We had a thing in our Edinburgh kitchen that threatened our heads that we called the Decapatron.

*oh big fat lie, looking up the garden we have one of those rotary things, never used, and angled like a bloke who's spent the day (and most of his other days) in Wetherspoons.

« Reply #31 on: 17 June, 2021, 10:57:52 am »
I see that I'm too late, but my suggestion would have been to cobble together a device something like this: https://www.force4.co.uk/item/Force-4/Jolly-Hooker-Mooring-Hook/HVD
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

« Reply #32 on: 17 June, 2021, 01:44:15 pm »
I have one of those !  I did consider recommending it but decided it was probably a little too large to fit through the sheave.
Rust never sleeps

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #33 on: 17 June, 2021, 08:05:41 pm »

It's what you use to cover your ostensibly clean washing with petril fumes and bird shit.

Disclaimer: during the recent heatwaveI have been making use of some guy rope strung between ye shedde and a useful hook thing on the corner of the house to dry some spare bedding during the few hours between the sun being in the right place and the BloodyStudents setting fire to whatever.

« Reply #34 on: 21 June, 2021, 10:59:55 am »
Ooooh! Washing line envy!
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #35 on: 21 June, 2021, 02:39:01 pm »
I too found out about GS  products  - here's another thing to do with stainless steel wire.

Jasmine Top

Jasmine Bottom

Growing rose across the window

And another rose

No ratty rotten bits of wood here at Chez Hedley. For info I used screw, spacing nut and washer for the smaller plants

The rose above the window is on the GS supplied M8 studs, I can tie the ladder onto the support and swing about on it!

« Reply #36 on: 21 June, 2021, 03:37:10 pm »
I'm using their plain (non pvc coated) SS wire extensively in the allotment for cordon growing fruit trees, raspberry containment etc. Top tip: best (?) cut with a cold chisel.