Author Topic: Saffron Walden Winter Series 2021 (Essex)  (Read 3659 times)

Re: Saffron Walden Winter Series 2021 (Essex)
« Reply #25 on: 16 December, 2021, 09:27:04 pm »
What’s the outline event planned for Feb?  I’ll be back on the audax trail from end of Jan all being well.

« Reply #26 on: 19 December, 2021, 09:33:16 pm »
Thanks to Nick for another great route.  The weather was claggy but fairly benign.  I didn’t get a single pic, though had I taken any I suspect I could have said it was almost anywhere on route due to the mist that never really cleared until the ride home, when it turned to persistent drizzle instead.  Looking forward to the end of January fixture.

felstedrider

« Reply #27 on: 20 December, 2021, 10:52:56 am »
Bit murky pretty much all day.   My ECE had me going though High Easter 3 times.   The route then passed my house at circa 40k, but I avoided the temptation to go home.   

I must have been one of the last to set off at almost exactly 10 but I picked off a few people along the way and chatted to psyclist at lunchtime.   I tend to under feed on Winter rides and yesterday was no exception with my last 50k hone being quite a struggle even though there was a pleasant tailwind for a lot of it.   Glad I didn't have to go into the office today as I didn't come round until just after 8.

Thanks to wilkyboy for organising.   See you all again in the New Year.

felstedrider

« Reply #28 on: 20 December, 2021, 04:08:07 pm »
Bit murky pretty much all day.   My ECE had me going though High Easter 3 times.   The route then passed my house at circa 40k, but I avoided the temptation to go home.   

I must have been one of the last to set off at almost exactly 10 but I picked off a few people along the way and chatted to psyclist at lunchtime.   I tend to under feed on Winter rides and yesterday was no exception with my last 50k hone being quite a struggle even though there was a pleasant tailwind for a lot of it.   Glad I didn't have to go into the office today as I didn't come round until just after 8.

Thanks to wilkyboy for organising.   See you all again in the New Year.

The other advantage of WFH today was that I spent 20 minutes cleaning the crud off the bike at lunchtime.   The chain was very flappy and I probably should have tightened it on the way round.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #29 on: 04 January, 2022, 03:36:53 pm »
Any news on the January one? :)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #30 on: 04 January, 2022, 04:31:36 pm »
Any news on the January one? :)

I need to ride the route and speak with the café — given the current omicron situation then they may not want too many cyclists bombarding them with requests for receipts (and who, honestly, wants to stand out in the January cold stamping cards for a couple of hours?  Any takers?  Probably offer up an info question there this time for those who'd rather bounce thru).

And I got gifted covid for Christmas, so I haven't been outside for the past week ...
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #31 on: 27 January, 2022, 11:02:10 pm »
Note that the planned January event is not going ahead due to a family issue.  My apologies.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...