Author Topic: Looking for a "Hard Copy" of Quicken for windows.  (Read 1038 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Looking for a "Hard Copy" of Quicken for windows.
« on: 12 May, 2022, 12:03:39 pm »
Like it says.
I lost my cd with Quicken. I've changed 'pooters and need a new CD to load. I don't want any of the newer stuff, I know Quicken isn't in use these days, so..
Anybody got a copy I could Buy, or Borrow?
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
Re: Looking for a "Hard Copy" of Quicken for windows.
« Reply #1 on: 12 May, 2022, 12:10:51 pm »
Mine would not install on Windows 10. It contains an awful lot of obsolete code. Missing and unsafe network code.

« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2022, 10:25:54 pm »
Same thing happened to me! Lost my Quicken 2000 CD. You can buy a copy of Quicken 2004 on ebay for not much money. You probably won't get a physical disk, but works fine. I bought from a company called Tech Assist. Would recommend - I only paid 5GBP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272836111923?hash=item3f864cae33:g:qFoAAOSwtplZxjgi

"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2022, 10:15:02 pm »
Cheers.
Mine worked okay on Windows 10, I have heard others tell of issues.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2022, 05:22:31 pm »
I made Quicken 2000 run on Win10 with some jiggery-pokery with folder names. I think they needed to be 8.3 compliant or something.