Author Topic: Recommend "seeing lights" for brompton.  (Read 4156 times)

Recommend "seeing lights" for brompton.
« on: 15 July, 2022, 03:54:46 pm »
I'm looking for a front and rear light, they do not have to be a matching set, that are easily mounted and removed, that will fit nicely on the "H" bar type Brompton and the chunky part of the seat post. Either rechargeable or AA battery preferred. Any recommendations would be most welcome.
TIA

Re: Recommend "seeing lights" for brompton.
« Reply #1 on: 15 July, 2022, 04:42:30 pm »
Hope Vision 1 on an Exposure mount has been working well on mine since 2014.
If I remember correctly, the way I have it mounted, doesn't impede the fold (albeit I have 'S' bars/stem).

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2022, 08:35:59 am »
For the rear a moon nebula with the supplied seat rail mount works well.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2022, 12:50:30 pm »
For the rear a moon nebula with the supplied seat rail mount works well.

+1

I have a Comet (older light, same bracket) as a secondary rear light on my Brompton (the primary is the Brompton dynamo light).  The seat rail mount means it doesn't interfere with the fold.  Obviously with a light tucked under the saddle like that there's some risk of it being obscured by dangly jackets.

« Reply #4 on: 22 October, 2022, 08:55:49 pm »
Lezyne laserlite I think it's called.  Loads of lighting modes,  more than any other rear light I've ever seen,  and it's got two laser lights that create two red lines a little bit wider than you and your bike. Kind of marking out your space. The upper seatpost lock interferes with the inside line at the back.I could move it round to avoid but it's not critical there.  Only a minor issue for those with the telescopic seatpost for taller riders.

Front I've got a raveman pr1600. It's got a fresnel lenses dipped light up to 900 lumens with a full beam light up to 1600 lumens. Comes with a remote that had a button to switch between dipped and full beam. With a second button for changing modes for both lights from full to flashing via 4 or 5 modes. A small led screen gives you the number of hours of charge left in.  Plus you can use it as a battery pack to change a device in an emergency.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 22 October, 2022, 10:58:30 pm »

Cateye omni 3 for the rear. It uses AAA batteries, has a run time in full that's actually worth having, and is pretty cheap.

You can get a saddle rail mount for it, or you can put it on the seat post.

Front I use a cateye Gvolt 25+, but only cos I have it knocking around. I've tried various lights, and it's the least worst on the Brompton.

I keep meaning to try the supernova Mini on there, but it ends up with a cable into the jacket for a battery, and faff.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/