General Category > The Dark Side

WHPVA Championships - Betteshanger, Kent

(1/18) > >>

Kim:
Since we now have a date, a venue and the skeleton of a website, I suppose there should be a thread...

https://wc2024.bhpc.org.uk/

If you haven't been there since 2018, the Shiny! New! facilities are a major upgrade.  The track is still smooth, wide and fast.  Camping will be up by the track, rather than the thistle-fest overflow car park.  May contain coal dust or traces of coal dust. 

In classic BHPC style, if it's human powered and meets our (minimal) safety requirements, then you can race it.    Athleticism is strictly optional.  Comedy entries encouraged.  (Yes, even those uncomfortable bikes with the pedals in the middle.)  Registrations will open later in the year.

Spectators welcome.  Should be a good day out.

Mr Larrington:
Volunteers also welcome for marshalling, cat-herding and [“You can’t say that about Barney!” – Ed.]

Kim:
Very much so.  We'll also welcome anyone who thinks they can help us out with publicity or soliciting sponsors, and the logo/T-shaped-shirt design is still up in the air if anyone has any clever design ideas.

citoyen:
Dates added to calendar. :thumbsup:

I’ll also put a mention on the club’s fb page.

Don’t really have any excuse not to be there for at least one of the days, with it being so close. Doubt I’ll participate as a competitor but I shall have a think about volunteering - might be fun.

I’ve not yet visited Betteshanger since they finished the work - last time I was there it was a building site.

Cudzoziemiec:

--- Quote from: Kim on 26 January, 2024, 12:34:04 am --- the logo/T-shaped-shirt design is still up in the air if anyone has any clever design ideas.

--- End quote ---
I might possibly be in touch about this at some point. Please don't hold your breath.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version