Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750674 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #7800 on: 29 September, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
I'm glad you're ok. How's your new wig by the way?

TCMR has returned home and it looks like I can slip away from Witham early and head over to Colchester for curry. If you lot want to hit the Hospital Arms during the course of the evening then great, my phone will be on if you need to get in touch. If not I'll see some of you on Friday evening.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #7801 on: 29 September, 2015, 06:19:45 pm »
I was merely bring to attention the chance of a free pint, as long as you claim it before 4th Oct :) (edit: Not sure if it is a free pint per pub or a one time deal )

I'll have to have a think about my options for Wednesday night, new bar tape and 105 shifters turned up for CdF today, I've scheduled the operation for this evening, hopefully I can get it off the operating table for tomorrow night..
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7802 on: 29 September, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »
I was merely bring to attention the chance of a free pint, as long as you claim it before 4th Oct :) (edit: Not sure if it is a free pint per pub or a one time deal )

So it's this Wednesday or not at all!  It would be rude if at least some of us didn't get some free beer!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #7803 on: 29 September, 2015, 09:38:17 pm »
Having been out doing my 600 the last couple of days, I'm going to be good and stay at home for a bit...

I can start getting the camping gear organised for Friday  :thumbsup:

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #7804 on: 30 September, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »
I'm in That London today, but hope to get out later to wherever...  I'll prepare my phone for a free pint and check here later to see what the final plan settles down to be.  I'll probably be riding catch-up.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #7805 on: 30 September, 2015, 01:47:59 pm »
How about this as a proposed route out if we start from the usual Spa Rd roundabout at about the usual 7:30 - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10619333
It goes via Kelvedon to take in The Railway Tavern and try our luck for a free pint, I guess we ought to buy one there too just so as not to appear too rude  ::-)
Then onwards to Colchester to meet up with the well curried OD.

Not many from Witham have posted that they are up for a ride this evening, any takers?  If not I may leave with OD and join in with his plans in Colchester.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #7806 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:06:26 pm »
Looks like a good route Huggy. I'll cycle to Spa road for 19:30 and then head back to Colchester with you. I've downloaded a beer voucher. I'll try and persuade Danbury Dogger to come out tonight, although it's about 50 miles further than he's used to. Just got to find a bike I haven't broken. Hmmmm.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7807 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »
Oh dear ...

... all my forward planning has been for nothing.  I can hear Oaky cackling  ::-)

My Colchester man has to postpone as his kiddie and Mrs are gripped by some vomiting bug. 

But I can still set off early, still fancy a curry and still fancy ticking off the Hospital Arms.  FB comms from huggy indicate he too might be up for an early departure.  Given there don't appear to be any other takers, Huggy dear, shall we follow your route to beer, curry and glory?  Oaky can join us en route so he can do some face-to-face cackling.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #7808 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:15:03 pm »

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7809 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:15:44 pm »
Predictable!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #7810 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:24:07 pm »
What time are you two ditherers planning to start? That's if you're not going to change your minds again imminently?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7811 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:28:16 pm »
What time are you two ditherers planning to start? That's if you're not going to change your minds again imminently?

I've just texted you.  We are setting off from Witham at 6:30, I shall swing by huggy's rear gate for a change.  Then we shall pop into the Railway for a free pint.  Should we meet you there? And then we're off for a curry in Colchester and ticking off the HA.

« Reply #7812 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:28:47 pm »
I am fettling/packing this evening but may attempt to intersect as part of my test ride if only to catch up with Sister Carol.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #7813 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:31:38 pm »
In the aftermath of cross posts, plans have been changed and firmed up.  Expect incoming text message from OD to Carlos.
As there were no posts in the short window of opportunity offered just up thread the plan of action for this evening is...

OD to come to my back gate at 6:30pm, we could pick up any others in the local vicinity
We will leave following published route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10619333
I have applied for my free beer token at The Railway Tavern in Kelvedon so we will be stopping off there to redeem it
Trundle on to Colchester where some kind of food will be sought
Another beer or two in The Hospital Arms, sans OD's mate who is home mopping up
Head home, probably along the same route travelled

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #7814 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:35:04 pm »
6:30 is a bit early for me in Witham so I'll be at Spa road for 7:30 and meet whoevers there, then catch you guys up in Kelvedon or Colchester.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #7815 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »
My plan is to set off from home when I get there.  Can't guarantee 7:30, but I will download a free-beer-token in any case, and follow huggy's published route.  If I see bikes at the Railway, I'll grab a free one there, otherwise, I'll carry on straight to the Hospital.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #7816 on: 30 September, 2015, 02:44:56 pm »
Rough calculations of times in my head would suggest being at The Railway between 7pm possibly until as late as 7:45. Arrive in Colchester around 8:30, transferring to the HA between 9:30 & 10pm to meet anyone else who has made it there.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #7817 on: 30 September, 2015, 03:13:55 pm »
I think I'm probably not playing out tonight..

Operation replace the Tiagra shifters was successful and I got a cheeky 16miles in at lunchtime, but the easterly 18MPH wind kind of takes the fun out of cycling a direct route long the A12 to Witham to make a 18:30 kick off and then on to Colchester :-\ !
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7819 on: 30 September, 2015, 04:04:55 pm »
I was planning on making an appearance tonight but have had a better offer. Now off to Maldon for family fish and chips and a bit of a walk. Have fun and free pints.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7822 on: 30 September, 2015, 04:18:07 pm »
I might be out tonight....all the others in the house are off to 1 Direction (so sad I missed out on a ticket :facepalm:)

Work is being a pain but I might just self destruct around 5 and walk out the door.....I'll either meet you at the Railway, be at home enjoying the quiet, Working, or riding my own little ride

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #7823 on: 30 September, 2015, 04:20:00 pm »
LOL - so I am unclear about how this train thing works from Colchester... there's a few stations. 

Colchester Town (22:05 & 23:00) appears to go to Chelmsford as does trains from Colchester, however the trains from Colchester to Chelmsford are on a bus replacement but the ones from Colchester Town (which stop @ Colchester Station) are not !?!?!

??? ??? ???

If I set of around 17:20 ish I should be able to make the meeting point, but I am trying to find a route which has less A12 in it :)
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7824 on: 30 September, 2015, 04:24:12 pm »
LOL - so I am unclear about how this train thing works from Colchester... there's a few stations. 

Colchester Town (22:05 & 23:00) appears to go to Chelmsford as does trains from Colchester, however the trains from Colchester to Chelmsford are on a bus replacement but the ones from Colchester Town (which stop @ Colchester Station) are not !?!?!

??? ??? ???

If I set of around 17:20 ish I should be able to make the meeting point, but I am trying to find a route which has less A12 in it :)

Colchester Town or the main Colchester station will both work.  There will be more trains stopping at the main Colchester station as its on the main line.