Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576103 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1225 on: 03 January, 2012, 11:17:59 am »
Bloody NHS computer system! Trying to refer me for a chest x-ray (emphysema or worse....) this a.m., my GP (who is only permitted so to do "electronically") could not, his access being continually blocked by the usual "Congratulations! You are the xth visitor today and have won an i-pod" pop-ups.

You think the NHS IT system has these popups? if it did, they wouldn't work

More likely your GP has a minor trojan on their computer.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1226 on: 03 January, 2012, 11:18:59 am »
That's why you should make sure you buy her a bike first ;)

& ensure that it costs more £ than any of yours  ;)

« Reply #1227 on: 03 January, 2012, 11:24:21 am »
Bloody NHS computer system! Trying to refer me for a chest x-ray (emphysema or worse....) this a.m., my GP (who is only permitted so to do "electronically") could not, his access being continually blocked by the usual "Congratulations! You are the xth visitor today and have won an i-pod" pop-ups.

You think the NHS IT system has these popups? if it did, they wouldn't work

More likely your GP has a minor trojan on their computer.

I was hardly in the mood to discuss the finer points of WHY it wasn't working! Nor indeed do I have the IT knowledge so to do - and I doubt that he has! The outcome (or lack of) was my concern.
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1228 on: 03 January, 2012, 11:35:19 am »
mrcharly is correct.  I understand why it was annoying for you, oncemore.  The system is bad enough when it's working, and those following this forum will know how much love I have for NPfIT/CfH/Whateverthey'recallingitthisweek.

But I am trying to deal with a PC whch a GP has managed to infect - not once, but twice. >:(
Getting there...

« Reply #1229 on: 03 January, 2012, 11:49:02 am »
I spent 4 hours last night nagging my children and myself to empty the kitchen and the bathroom for the builders coming today to take down then replace the stud wall that has so much damp the fungi are fruiting and the radiator is falling off the wall. They'll also be re-plumbing the bathroom, draining the heating system and taking out the dead Rayburn that sucks woodsmoke into the kitchen from the living room fire. It's needed doing for about a year.

We moved everything, and it's stacked under sheets in the living room, making the house, pretty much, unusable. I've arranged for the childers to stay at their Dad's, I'm staying elsewhere, the water will be off, there'll be dust everywhere, it's all very disruptive. (Every cloud has a silver lining- we defrosted the fridgefreezer to move it).

They haven't turned up. No one has phoned to tell me of any delay.

I may have mentioned this before, but

MY LANDLORD IS A TOSSER.

Joy.
They're coming next Monday. But only because I phoned and said 'err, where's your builders?'.

Do I put it all back? Or leave it for 6 days?

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #1230 on: 03 January, 2012, 11:53:46 am »

You need storage space for 6 days, surely your landlord's office would be perfect for that.

:thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1231 on: 03 January, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »
+1
Getting there...

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #1232 on: 03 January, 2012, 12:13:24 pm »
I really don't want to be back to work today. Having some time off over Christmas has left me unmotivated.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1233 on: 03 January, 2012, 03:11:02 pm »
I've got the motivation but no work to do.Want to swap Hulver :)

essexian

« Reply #1234 on: 03 January, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
Grumble update....Grumble update....Grumble update....

So, I phoned the LBS about my new bike expecting to be able to arrange a fitting and collection time after my lovely wife took a message from them saying it was in stock......wrong, its not in stock and won't be as the makers have not sent sufficient numbers for the orders placed  :facepalm:

So no new bike for me as the LBS don't think the bike is likely to be re-stocked this year unless I buy something else... but the cat is now out of the bag with her in doors regarding my new purchase. I might not be allowed to spend the money I earn on something I "need."

Oh no need to use the dog house or any of my tents (we have three) as my lovely lady is spending the night over her Mothers...

Finally, I did offer to buy her a bike but she isn't interested in cycling.  ::-)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1235 on: 03 January, 2012, 06:18:45 pm »
Rail websites, all suck, and blow and spew broken pop ups at the same time...  Feckoff!

« Reply #1236 on: 03 January, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »
It's a measure of how my day went, that when I put on a sweater just now, I wasn't at all surprised when I managed to punch myself in the mouth.

Fecking Wind. Fecking Christmas backlog. Just feck.

Yorkies will probably know where the windiest place in York is. Anyone want to guess which bit our round encompassed?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1237 on: 03 January, 2012, 06:56:41 pm »
It's a measure of how my day went, that when I put on a sweater just now, I wasn't at all surprised when I managed to punch myself in the mouth.

Fecking Wind. Fecking Christmas backlog. Just feck.

Yorkies will probably know where the windiest place in York is. Anyone want to guess which bit our round encompassed?
At least you managed your round.  Our recyclers didn't turn up. (I did feel rather sorry for the bin men, who did come round, this morning.)

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #1238 on: 03 January, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »
Rail websites, all suck, and blow and spew broken pop ups at the same time...  Feckoff!

I tend to stick with using Southern's one - lets you book bike spaces and view all the stops on the route for the train you've selected.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1239 on: 03 January, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »
My beanie didn't come & JLP didn't phone Mrs P  :(

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1240 on: 04 January, 2012, 11:14:35 am »
The bastard coffee machine is b0rked.

Again >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1241 on: 04 January, 2012, 11:25:39 am »
Forgot to take tools with me to the post office. Bike was too big to post. Fortunately the counter clerk had a set of allen keys so I could remove the handlebars and close the box properly. It then came within the size limit (just).
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #1242 on: 04 January, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »
I spent 4 hours last night nagging my children and myself to empty the kitchen and the bathroom for the builders coming today to take down then replace the stud wall that has so much damp the fungi are fruiting and the radiator is falling off the wall. They'll also be re-plumbing the bathroom, draining the heating system and taking out the dead Rayburn that sucks woodsmoke into the kitchen from the living room fire. It's needed doing for about a year.

We moved everything, and it's stacked under sheets in the living room, making the house, pretty much, unusable. I've arranged for the childers to stay at their Dad's, I'm staying elsewhere, the water will be off, there'll be dust everywhere, it's all very disruptive. (Every cloud has a silver lining- we defrosted the fridgefreezer to move it).

MY LANDLORD IS A TOSSER.

Joy.
They're coming next Monday. But only because I phoned and said 'err, where's your builders?'.

Only just see this.

FFS, you must be really down. Not a single sweary sentence?

If I were in your situation, being a lazy git, I would unpack enough to be able to live camp in the house and no more
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1243 on: 04 January, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »

MY LANDLORD IS A TOSSER.

Joy.

Only just see this.

FFS, you must be really down. Not a single sweary sentence?

If I were in your situation, being a lazy git, I would unpack enough to be able to live camp in the house and no more
Erm , yeah, err.
Cooking round the fridge is interesting. I can't get in the cupboard under the sink. And if I need a recipe: tough shit.
Makes me wonder how much of this stuuuufffff I actually need. Who needs more than a dozen ramekins FFS?

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1244 on: 04 January, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »
Goretex shoes don't work when the puddle comes above the level of your shoes. :(

Water in said footwear now has been poured out (a lot of it too) and the shoes arecurrently drip drying in the hallway.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #1245 on: 04 January, 2012, 08:34:57 pm »
I'm having a really low energy day!  I thought I'd got this chronic fatigue a little more under control, but today's been rubbish-and the rest of the week's not been great either!

:-\

Really bored with this now!

« Reply #1246 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:02:56 pm »
Who needs more than a dozen ramekins FFS?

Don't think of them as ramekins. Think of them as useful pots for putting pingfukkits in when doing any sort of dismantling...
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1247 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:06:24 pm »
Who needs more than a dozen ramekins FFS?

Our former landlady, without the benefit of whose kitchen cupboards I'd still be unaware of what a ramekin is.

One day I hope to learn what they're for.  Other than temporary pingfuckit storage, as Arch suggests.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1248 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:12:15 pm »
Chocolate mousse innit.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #1249 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:24:55 pm »
I find ramekins handy when I'm doing the deep prep for Indian/Thai recipes. It's easier to have the spices and sauces all measured out before I start cooking.  :thumbsup:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche