Author Topic: Track novice sessions in Embra  (Read 3477 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Track novice sessions in Embra
« on: 17 April, 2008, 09:50:34 am »
Your last chance to ride Meadowbank.

Novice/beginner sessions on the track start this Friday and run every Friday (weather permitting) till September. 7pm at the Meadowbank Velodrome.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Re: Track novice sessions in Embra
« Reply #1 on: 17 April, 2008, 11:45:06 pm »
Oooooh. Sounds interesting. Always fancied a shot on the track. Have they got bikes for hire that would hold the weight of a very very heavy guy and any idea of the cost of a session.

« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2008, 12:45:31 pm »
Oooooh. Sounds interesting. Always fancied a shot on the track. Have they got bikes for hire that would hold the weight of a very very heavy guy and any idea of the cost of a session.

I think it's about 5 pounds to get onto the track with your own bike.

There is a good selection of bikes available to try out but I'm not sure how much they are to hire ??? it might be 5 or 10 pounds.

Best thing to do is get yourself down there on a friday about 7pm, as long as it's a dry night.
Graham is the man in charge on friday's, speak to him.
 There should be a few regulars who will be able to help getting you started but expect to have to wait a while for things to happen, it's a fairly relaxed session :)

« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2008, 02:52:26 pm »
Cheers Ernst.

Weather's looking a bit mean at the moment but might pop down next week for a wee gander.

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2008, 02:59:15 pm »
Ernst, do you have an email address for this Graham chap? (by PM?) I've been meaning to get along to do something for citycycling for a while (and I'm sure I can gear up the Peacemaker on the other side of the hub and put some track bars on....).

Can't do this Friday but I definitely need to get along. Kyuss, give me a shout if/when you're going. Of course, you might get roped into taking pictures....

« Reply #5 on: 18 April, 2008, 08:58:38 pm »
Ernst, do you have an email address for this Graham chap? (by PM?) I've been meaning to get along to do something for citycycling for a while (and I'm sure I can gear up the Peacemaker on the other side of the hub and put some track bars on....).

Can't do this Friday but I definitely need to get along. Kyuss, give me a shout if/when you're going. Of course, you might get roped into taking pictures....

Not too sure if Graham Fleming has E-mail ???
I'll probably see him tomorrow at the kids club, I can get his moblie number if nothing else.
I'll get back to you when I get it.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #6 on: 18 April, 2008, 09:07:15 pm »

Sounds like fun.. Might have to engineer a meeting down in Embra for a Friday then.. And of course bring the camera.

If there is a suitable crowd, it may be possible to get the track and talk nicely to a suitable coach for another time. My daughter has told me that I have to ride the track before she will venture onto it again. (too slow and slipped down on the bends.)

I'll be at Scotlands other velodrome tomorrow morning..

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #7 on: 19 April, 2008, 03:58:11 pm »
Blackpudinonabike you have PM

If anyone else would like more info. on the friday night session at meadow bank, I can PM Grahams details.

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #8 on: 21 April, 2008, 04:02:39 pm »
Blackpudinonabike you have PM

If anyone else would like more info. on the friday night session at meadow bank, I can PM Grahams details.

Ernst, yer a star - will be dropping Graham a line tonight. Of course I can't make the next two Fridays!  ::-)

« Reply #9 on: 12 May, 2008, 04:30:34 pm »
When do we get to see the pictures? ;)