Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164670 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3725 on: 15 April, 2011, 07:16:59 pm »
I've done several similar things. 
Couldn't find my keys one morning.  Eventualy found them in the door.  On the outside, where they'd been all night!
Another time I came down in the morning to find the front door wide open.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #3726 on: 15 April, 2011, 08:20:47 pm »
Done that with my shed, our two trikes sat inside, pale as a sheet, it took a couple of john powers to revive me  :o
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #3727 on: 18 April, 2011, 12:37:11 am »
Repair Service | Rapha
I see this as good news, anyway

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #3728 on: 18 April, 2011, 12:07:58 pm »
I have a job interview on Thursday. It is part-time but its working in a reference library and it is well paid. We shall see  :)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3729 on: 18 April, 2011, 10:08:06 pm »
Went to the park with #2 son and neighbour and son(school friend of mine). Now have neighbours son able to balance happily on a bike - pedalling solo not very far off.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #3730 on: 18 April, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »
I have a job interview on Thursday. It is part-time but its working in a reference library and it is well paid. We shall see  :)

Good luck  :)

« Reply #3731 on: 18 April, 2011, 11:41:49 pm »
Hope it goes well :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #3732 on: 18 April, 2011, 11:43:42 pm »
First day at my new job today. I spent the morning in Kensington Gardens, visited most of the outdoor shops on HSK before heading back. I (still) like my job :D

« Reply #3733 on: 18 April, 2011, 11:44:34 pm »
First day at my new job today. I spent the morning in Kensington Gardens, visited most of the outdoor shops on HSK before heading back. I (still) like my job :D

This sounds good  :thumbsup:

Si_Co

« Reply #3734 on: 19 April, 2011, 08:24:36 am »
First day for nearly two months i have no hamstring pain :thumbsup:

The sun is shining and they've finished resurfacing my loop so a pootle is now scheduled

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3735 on: 19 April, 2011, 09:43:57 am »

Fingers crossed for you, dove.
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3736 on: 19 April, 2011, 09:51:55 am »
Indeed - lots of luck (not that you should need it)!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3737 on: 19 April, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »
The Sun it shineth

The wind it desisteth

I hath WMMR playing on my laptop, it's fantastic as today is doubleshot Tuesday so each slot has two songs by the same artist.  Currently playing "Welcome to Paradise" by Green Day.

Two good friends will shortly be heading in my direction so we can go on a pootle Scorton-wards for (hopefully) a pint of Copper Dragon

I can feel the world returning to balance....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

« Reply #3738 on: 19 April, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »
The second song from Green Day is "When I Come Around"  :thumbsup:
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

« Reply #3739 on: 19 April, 2011, 05:12:04 pm »
And I can now officially clock off as my boss has gone offline saying he will speak to me tomorrow WRT some work I need to do :)

YAY

LindaG

« Reply #3740 on: 19 April, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »
Sounds like a good day Tiermat!   :thumbsup:

tiermat

« Reply #3741 on: 19 April, 2011, 05:20:01 pm »
It has been brilliant, well the bit in the office has been (see other thread about visit to A&E).

I likes this office, coffee is good and I am completely unable to fall out with the other people in here, 'cos there isn't anyone.... :)

« Reply #3742 on: 19 April, 2011, 05:31:35 pm »

Sounds like a rough gig. ;D

Are you actually working in this neck of the woods, or was this just a visit?  If you're working around here, there's a slight risk of meeting me, although I suspect I commute rather later than you do!
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #3743 on: 19 April, 2011, 06:09:15 pm »
I was distinctly 'meh' this morning. Putting on a few pounds, not getting out on the bike at weekends (for nice reasons, but all the same...), it was all just... well, 'meh'

Had to run a small errand on the way home, so I escaped the gravitational pull of the straight route home and rode out to Bishopthorpe, by dint of not deciding where I was going until I got there. About 6 'unnecessary' miles in all by the time I got home. Not much, but I think I might have got my mojo back.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #3744 on: 19 April, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »
I was distinctly 'meh' this morning. Putting on a few pounds, not getting out on the bike at weekends (for nice reasons, but all the same...), it was all just... well, 'meh'

Had to run a small errand on the way home, so I escaped the gravitational pull of the straight route home and rode out to Bishopthorpe, by dint of not deciding where I was going until I got there. About 6 'unnecessary' miles in all by the time I got home. Not much, but I think I might have got my mojo back.
Much the same here.  Various other activities in my life are 'complicated' at the moment.  The weight is too high and not coming off (not helped by the 'Oh god lets have a glass (or several) of wine' feeling at the end of most days).
But on my lunchtime ride I got lost.  Or at least went straight on when I should have gone left.  Result: I get to find out how a bit more of my locality fits together, places I didn't even know existed, and I got a 19% hill to play with on the way back.
 :smug:
Lovely ride.   And now looking forward to more.  :thumbsup:

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #3745 on: 19 April, 2011, 10:04:18 pm »

Sounds like a rough gig. ;D

Are you actually working in this neck of the woods, or was this just a visit?  If you're working around here, there's a slight risk of meeting me, although I suspect I commute rather later than you do!
No, near Clapham Junction, but I was at the Princess Diana Playground yesterday and today, and head that way fairly often.

« Reply #3746 on: 20 April, 2011, 04:54:38 pm »
THING has gone on holiday!  Two weeks of peace, no damn desk-shaking, percussive keyboard tap-tap-TAPPING, no foul opinions or loud bitchiness, no random humming of showtunes, no horrible, appalling personal habits. Thank fuck for that.  May she never return.

Now, if the other one can only stop humming  :-\

Si_Co

« Reply #3747 on: 21 April, 2011, 04:21:47 pm »
10 minutes left and 11 days off. HURRAH :thumbsup:

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3748 on: 22 April, 2011, 08:35:25 am »
I'm off on my holibobs!  :thumbsup:

Brittany here I come....
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #3749 on: 22 April, 2011, 02:02:32 pm »
Have a brilliant time, eat lots of Crepes, they are droolingly gorgeous  :P
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.