General Category > Cyclosportives and commercial or charity rides

mini-hatler - 200 miles in a day

(1/7) > >>

hatler:
All,

This coming Monday (September 27th) mini-hatler is cycling London - Brighton - Oxford - London, with the aim of being in the pub back home in Wimbledon by no later than 9pm.

He's doing it as a personal challenge and is also hoping to raise funds for Mind.

Any and all donations would be incredibly welcome.

https://gofund.me/4bcb8405

(And spare a thought for his parents, who are being press-ganged into accompanying him on the first two legs, mum on the first, me on the second. He has no bones in explaining that we are there to slow him down, so he doesn't blow up too early. The ruddy cheek !!!)

This is what happens when you are foolish enough to have a four year old stoke you up Ditchling Beacon on a trailer bike in the company of The Fridays.

Many thanks for whatever you donate.

Tim Hall:
He burst past me at the top of Ditchling once.

He's grown a bit since this picture.

hatler:
Good grief. That doesn't seem like so long ago, yet it clearly was.

Many many thanks for your contribution.

I haven't had a peep out of him since he set the GoFundMe page up (I'm away in deepest Cornwall at the moment), so haven't been able to gauge his reaction to the funding progress, which is way beyond what he thought was going to happen.

There is a murmur of a commitment if he hits an as yet unspecified amount. When I get the amount out of him I may reveal the details of the commitment.

PaulF:
Good luck to him - and you and MrsH

hatler:
He has revealed the little extra on the GoFundMe page ; -

"As an added incentive, if we raise over £1750 I'll be adding to the suffering and waxing my legs so I can channel my inner pro cyclist as well as squeezing in a few aero gains."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version