Author Topic: Following a Zwift Route  (Read 4054 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Following a Zwift Route
« on: 29 October, 2020, 10:46:04 am »
How does this work?

I selected the  “Figure of Eight” loop but when I started the ride it said “Hilly Loop”. Happened twice so I suppose I did something wrong but I’m not sure what.

Any ideas?

Re: Following a Zwift Route
« Reply #1 on: 29 October, 2020, 11:13:00 am »
I frequently use the flat route  :-[ but like you I get the Hilly Loop info displayed (I have ridden it a few times) - but I think that's just because they share a part of the route, and you don't actually get to ride the Hilly route unless you've selected it at the beginning, and the info soon disappears - only the reappear at the start if the next flat lap.

Other more Zwift savvy will no doubt expand on that.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Fennec

« Reply #2 on: 29 October, 2020, 11:21:00 am »
Yes, rafletcher is right. A lot of the routes share parts of their course, and sometimes if you’re doing a longer route, the name of a shorter ‘sub-course’ you’re currently on will be displayed top left.

I don’t know whether this is a bug or a feature. It would have navigated you round the Figure 8 course you’d selected.

Edit for further wittering: as you’re probably aware, once you’ve selected a course, it will navigate you round it without any further effort from you. There will be opportunities to turn off it, but unless you change your mind and want to deviate from the route you can just ignore them.

The main issue I have with the set courses is that it’s not always 100% obvious where they end. It’s normally at a banner or arch or something, but not always. The first time you ride a route you get a fanfare when you finish and get the badge, but subsequently you just have to ride until you think you’re done!

« Reply #3 on: 29 October, 2020, 12:25:17 pm »
Not all the routes either accrue a badge or have timed sections.

It'll display the Hilly Route leader board if you're on that course - and a sprint leader board for an upcoming sprint even if your route turns off before you reach/ complete the timed section.
If you select a route you'll follow that route (in circles) until you stop riding or turn off.