Author Topic: Editing routes in Basecamp  (Read 1034 times)

Editing routes in Basecamp
« on: 20 May, 2014, 11:51:08 am »
Another question about Basecamp:  so I download a route from a website, in this case I have been downloading LF routes in Belgium.  But they're long and they go much further than I need to go.  I don't need the whole route.  I would like to shorten it, by either deleting from the beginning to a point or deleting from a point to the end. I can't see any way of doing this in Basecamp.  Any advice please?

GraemeMcC

• CaptainContours
Re: Editing routes in Basecamp
« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »
I'm not at my laptop (where BaseCamp resides) but have you tried selecting the Route, so that its text content opens, then select each line/waypoint in turn (so that the waypoints are circled on the map view window) and simply use Delete Key to remove that item.

Or, if that doesn't work, this will:
create a track from the route;
select that track listing;
delete the track points you don't need;
save what's left as a new track.

If you need that as a Route, then you can re-define a new set of waypoints over that new track.
PBP 2011: 1234 km by Nr. 5678 in < 90 hrs. Most auspicious...

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
Re: Editing routes in Basecamp
« Reply #2 on: 21 May, 2014, 07:55:52 am »
I've not got it in front of me either but if you go to tools and select the cut (may be called something else but it's pretty clear, I think it's symbolised by scissors), go to the map and click where you want it to split, you should then have two routes in the bottom left pane and delete the one you don't need.  This is the way I split a circular route so I get a there and back.