Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 287127 times)

I'm going to Beltane in Endinburgh
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Storyville is usually excellent.  I watched the recent Evel Knieval one the other day, which I commend to the House.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Here's a random thing. My work phone (Nexus 5) has unilaterally developed the habit, when using my new Sony bluetooth headphones headset, of starting the BBC iPlayer tuned to R6M whenever I finish a call. Without iPlayer having been running previously. Doesn't do it with my personal phone (5X).

Can't really complain, I suppose.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
About halfway through Daredevil at the moment. I thought S1 was good, especially Vincent D'Onofrio, but S2 takes it into darker places, with The Punisher and Elektra.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Ruthie

• Her Majester
I just saw The Mystery Jets on Sunday Brunch, and the two interviewers very obviously hadn't heard ANY of the album because if they had they'd have just been enthusing about the brilliance of it.

It was absolutely excruciating to watch.  What a shame.
Milk please, no sugar.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
If anyone is watching The Tunnel, apparently this week's episode featured the Adelaide cafe near Deal, which is the usual coffee stop for our* Sunday morning club rides.

The thought of the charming Ms Poesy sullying herself in that dive makes me shudder.

*Thanet RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Wot a shoking sho by st johns oxfod most deplorable a lot of rabits.  I don't think I've ever seen a University Challenge finalist get to half-time before getting a positive score on the board.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Miss von Brandenburg has just given me the appalling news that the publication of the sixth book of Ben Aaronovitch's very splendid and worthwhile "Rivers Of London" series has been postponed...

...until June 2016 :o

Did I not mention that a several of weeks ago? I defo told *somebody* I got an email from Amazon about it.

Been put back yet again!

But on,y to 14th July this time.

25th August now!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
WTF ???

Oi!  Aaronovitch!  Sort it aaaaaht!

Edit: OTOH that's just before I go on my holibobs.  Every silver wossname etc.

Never fear; I'm sure supply chain slippages will lead to it hitting shelves just as they close the doors on your plane and prepare for takeoff...

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
If anyone is watching The Tunnel, apparently this week's episode featured the Adelaide cafe near Deal, which is the usual coffee stop for our* Sunday morning club rides.
Is that the one on the Sandwich to Deal road not far from the Betteshanger junction?
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Is that the one on the Sandwich to Deal road not far from the Betteshanger junction?

The very same.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Dame Judi Dench and AL Murray.    :D

What's not to like?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
12/20

Better go and do a bit of revision then.
Milk please, no sugar.

This summer, Dweezil Zappa and his backing band will once again perform the music of his father Frank Zappa on a nationwide tour, but unlike the past decade, the guitarist will be playing under a different moniker. Instead of Zappa Plays Zappa, the touring unit will now be dubbed Dweezil Zappa Plays Frank Zappa, stemming in part from a bitter feud between Frank Zappa's children over their father's copyright, the New York Times reports.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/zappa-family-trust-threatens-dweezil-zappa-over-band-name-20160429

TL:DR - So one Zappa can't play as Zappa Plays Zappa any more because another Zappa who's not playing Zappa will not let Zappa honour Zappa by playing Zappa as Zappa Plays Zappa. All clear?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
TL:DR - So one Zappa can't play as Zappa Plays Zappa any more because another Zappa who's not playing Zappa will not let Zappa honour Zappa by playing Zappa as Zappa Plays Zappa. All clear?
Brilliant
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Ruthie

• Her Majester
There was a clergy band playing at tonight's Ascension Day service, to accompany the hymns.

The vocalist sounds exactly like Nigel Blackwell out of Half Man Half Biscuit.
Milk please, no sugar.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Bloody hell, who picked the music on this week's ...Later? Whoever it was should get the job full time, the only bum act is that bloke who's partner, allegedly enjoys bathing in olive oil...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

I've just received an email telling me "You're going to THE BURNING HELL in Middlesbrough".

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
It appears that Canute is still in favour of injunctions.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Guy

• Retired
Why is it called "Holiday for Trombones" when the trombonists are working 3 times harder than the rest of the band put together? A bit of a busman's holiday, methinks.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Gangstagrass

It's rather ... different.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Miss von Brandenburg has just given me the appalling news that the publication of the sixth book of Ben Aaronovitch's very splendid and worthwhile "Rivers Of London" series has been postponed...

...until June 2016 :o

Did I not mention that a several of weeks ago? I defo told *somebody* I got an email from Amazon about it.

Been put back yet again!

But on,y to 14th July this time.

25th August now!

Guess what?

(click to show/hide)

Do not clench. It only makes it worse.