Author Topic: The company on DIYs and perms thread  (Read 283661 times)

graham57

Re: The company on DIYs and perms thread
« Reply #150 on: 29 July, 2011, 10:02:56 am »
I am planning to do the Tour of the North York Moors 210km 3AAA on Sat 20th of August 2011
Starting Osmothersley Youth Hostel about 8am.

I have brevet cards for the event (as I am the organiser) and would be delighted to have some company
Anyone up for it

« Reply #151 on: 31 July, 2011, 11:36:43 pm »
Hi, I'm planning on doing either El S's Medway Meander 200 from Edenbridge or Hailsham Liss 200 on Sunday 7 August (having been too busy and disorganised recently to send off an entry for a calendar event on that date :facepalm:). Company would be most welcome- but be warned - I'm slow.

graham57

« Reply #152 on: 01 August, 2011, 03:02:58 pm »
I am planning to do the Tour of the North York Moors 210km 3AAA on Sat 20th of August 2011
Starting Osmotherley Youth Hostel about 8am.

I have brevet cards for the event (as I am the organiser) and would be delighted to have some company
Anyone up for it

The day before I am going to do a 200 DIY in the Dales Osmotherley to Appleby and back. Up Swaledale and back via Teesdale if anyone wants a ride Friday 19th??

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #153 on: 06 August, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »
Hi, I'm planning on doing either El S's Medway Meander 200 from Edenbridge or Hailsham Liss 200 on Sunday 7 August (having been too busy and disorganised recently to send off an entry for a calendar event on that date :facepalm:). Company would be most welcome- but be warned - I'm slow.
This will now be on Tuesday from Edenbridge and going anti-clockwise - Eastbourne, World Of Water, Maidstone. Stat is 4.30am. PM me if interested.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

tlottrike

• Scottish Trike 12hr and 50 mile record holder
« Reply #154 on: 13 September, 2011, 02:47:56 pm »
22/9/11 - Crinan, - 400km - DIY to Edinburgh via Newtonmore and other places  :)

As I failed to do a calendar 400k event this year I've cobbled my first DIY GPS ride together to complete my SR. Hopefully I may come across a fellow Audaxer or two as I head south from Newtonmore. I am aiming at riding a steady 20k average speed.

I believe the upgrading to dual of part of the A9 at Dalnacardoch has had some effect for cyclists but I'm hoping that the works will be finished by the time I get there as it indicates on the Traffic Scotland website that it should be finished by the end of this week.

My route using a chunk of Graeme Wylie's Mull it Over
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=213511932269713865434.0004aa25c3ea56a8b32ae&msa=0

Deepdale and Fleet Moss 120
« Reply #155 on: 08 October, 2011, 12:29:12 pm »
In an effort to do an AAA event each month this winter, I have just posted an entry for Steve Snook's Deepdale and Fleet Moss 120 which I intend to ride on 5 Nov.  If anyone 'up north' fancies coming along, the plan is to set off by 10:00am from Settle and would expect the 120km to take about 6 hrs (if it is reasonable weather). 

« Reply #156 on: 22 October, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »
The weather forecast for tomorrow is good so I will be doing El S's Medway Meander, departing Edenbridge at around 7.30am. Anyone who wants to join me for all or part of the route is very welcome.

« Reply #157 on: 05 November, 2011, 07:08:09 pm »
Y'all should have come along on the deepdale and fleet moss. What a splendid day!

The company on DIYs and perms thread
« Reply #158 on: 14 November, 2011, 10:05:16 am »
After an abortive "to the races " on Saturday due to a tummy bug, I'm planning on riding the route this Saturday , nice easy bimble round with a cafe stop somewhere , any company welcomed

Saturday 10th December 2011 — 208 km from Cambridge
« Reply #159 on: 15 November, 2011, 11:09:47 am »
Saturday 10th December 2011 — 208 km from Cambridge

Starting at Cambridge at 07:00, controlling at Lavenham (Co-op), Manningtree (Riverside fish and chips), Finchingfield (café, or Fox Inn), and Royston (Tesco). Something like this.

Let me know if you want to ride, or if you want to join us somewhere en route.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #160 on: 23 November, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »
This Saturday I'm riding this route, from Stamford Bridge to Bridlington, after a brief seaside stop I'll head down to the Humber Bridge and back to Stammy Bridge via Gunness and Boothferry bridges.  It's a DIY200, 220km on the road and Aidan OTP is joining in for a bit, probably from Sledmere to the Humber.  Does anybody else fancy a ride?

« Reply #161 on: 23 November, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »
I've got to go over to Leeds and see SWMBO, and also tell her that I'll be out next Saturday for the impromptu seasonal get-together that appears to be taking shape elsewhere.

Invite her along. It will of course be very nice to see you, you miserable old git. ;)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #162 on: 23 November, 2011, 05:29:34 pm »
I've got to go over to Leeds and see SWMBO, and also tell her that I'll be out next Saturday for the impromptu seasonal get-together that appears to be taking shape elsewhere.

Invite her along. It will of course be very nice to see you, you miserable old git. ;)

You're very welcome to come too, Ian.  You're in the area on Saturday, aren't you?

« Reply #163 on: 23 November, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »

You're very welcome to come too, Ian.  You're in the area on Saturday, aren't you?

Not only that but I shall be buying Simon the drink I probably owe him.

Lycra Man

• SR 2011, 2012 & RRTY
« Reply #164 on: 28 November, 2011, 01:53:01 pm »
I'm doing a 200k DIY route from home (Waddesdon) going west and north to take in Woodperry, Burford, Chipping Norton, Edgehill, Southam, Towcester and Aylesbury and finally home.

It's booked for Saturday December 10th, and I will probably start at around 7.00am.

Anyone want to join me for some or all of the ride? GPX track available, FOC.

Lycra Man

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #165 on: 28 November, 2011, 04:59:14 pm »
Likely be up for this  :thumbsup:
I'll cycle over to the start and leave you somewhere after Towcester.

Rich

Edit; It's about 30km from mine to LM's. So if anyone wants to stay over on Friday night I have space.
210km to finish at mine also.

« Reply #166 on: 01 December, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »
I'm doing a 200k DIY route from home (Waddesdon) going west and north to take in Woodperry, Burford, Chipping Norton, Edgehill, Southam, Towcester and Aylesbury and finally home.

It's booked for Saturday December 10th, and I will probably start at around 7.00am.

Lycra Man

Out of interest, which route do you use for the Southam - Towcester leg?
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #167 on: 02 December, 2011, 01:54:22 am »
The most direct which I think is Welsh rd. Priors Marston and Blakesley come to mind without a map.

« Reply #168 on: 02 December, 2011, 02:26:15 am »

Lycra Man

I might be up for this too. Same plan as Rich, to meet you at the start and probably dive off somewhere around Towcester.

Lycra Man

• SR 2011, 2012 & RRTY
« Reply #169 on: 05 December, 2011, 12:45:03 pm »
Wobbly - I have not done the route before, (and am now at work without the map), so Rich's reply above is probably correct. I made as straight a line as I could on the map using minor roads. Suggestions welcome if you have knowledge.

TG - you are welcome.

Rich - I have made up an AUK CONTROL sign whch will be on the garden fence at the front of our drive parking space. I'll leave my car on the main road, so there will be plenty of space to fettle. Come through the wrought iron gates at the side of the house to the back door. Lycra Lady and Lycra Girl will be asleep at that hour, so no loud giggling please.

Those who arrive in time will qualfy for toast and coffee. Address = 23 Frederick Street, Waddesdon HP18 0LU. Mobile = 0789 997 3810.

Lycra Man

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #170 on: 05 December, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »
Hi LM,
If I can get a pass for a morning ride, I'd love to join you for some of the southern section. I MIGHT pop over for breakfast (I'll claim expenses for recce-ing future control facilities ;) ).
Could I have the route so that I can intercept you somewhere before Burford? You may have my email address, if not, PM me.

Thanks,
Matt
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #171 on: 05 December, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »
Matt
1st part of the route is Brill - Borstal -  Islip - around Kidlington - Long Hanborough - Witney - Burford

Rich

« Reply #172 on: 05 December, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »

TG - you are welcome.

Thanks. It all depends on how my scars are doing, how my lurgy recovers and whether my crazy head wins over my sensible head. Oh, and if it's icy or not. I'm not coming out if it's icy. :hand:

Those who arrive in time will qualfy for toast and coffee. Address = 23 Frederick Street, Waddesdon HP18 0LU. Mobile = 0789 997 3810.

Power to my crazy head!

« Reply #173 on: 06 December, 2011, 07:38:44 am »
I shan't be taking part. Completely forgot that my sister is visiting for the weekend and bringing her four dogs. Would not go down at all well if I scarpered and left Mrs W to cope with my sister and a total of six dogs... Hope the weather is not too awful for you chaps.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Lycra Man

• SR 2011, 2012 & RRTY
« Reply #174 on: 06 December, 2011, 06:59:45 pm »
I've sent out GPX tracks to Richard and Matt.

The weather forecast for Saturday morning is showing as between -3 and -1 at the start time of 7.00am.

That would make it too risky if it has been at all damp overnight, because like others, I really don't do ice.

I'll wait until the start time, for a final decision.

Rich - if it is too icy to ride, can I change my electronic Brevet to another day, or does it evaporate?

Wobbly - another time - hopefully.

Lycra Man